WBB at Marshall

Venson

7 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Up 20 going into the 4th. We’ve had some bad 4th quarters though. If we can hold on that should get us into the tourney. 

The 4th quarter blues have started. Marshall on a 13-2 run. We are only up by 9 with 5:44 left. They are panicking and jacking up horrible shots.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, UNT86 said:

I hate to keep being right (no I don't) but Coach Mitchell and her staff have been doing great things with this team. We'll make some noise in the conference tournament.  We will be in the hunt for the conference title this time next year.

I agree. They are trending upwards. All these calls for her head are uncalled for. She is doing amazing things with a bunch of Freshmen and a depleted roster. If anything, she needs to get a new S&C coach to help these girls get through the season. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Venson said:

I agree. They are trending upwards. All these calls for her head are uncalled for. She is doing amazing things with a bunch of Freshmen and a depleted roster. If anything, she needs to get a new S&C coach to help these girls get through the season. 

Next year though👀 with experience from this year, they could be top 5. Including the incoming talent

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Lucky to hang on with their usual abysmal free throw shooting. 

Not sure the strategy of slowing down the game with a big lead, won the game or almost allowed Marshall to catch up

This team should be playing for the championship next year not the top third of the league.   

NT should return the whole team less George.   This includes two players currently injured that would probably be starting in McDowell and Owens.  She has also recruited a 4 stat 6'2 post player. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Venson said:

Honestly, I haven't seen much calling for her head. Are you talking about on GMG.com? I'm a fan and want Jalie to do well. I think she's not that far off. My biggest worry is the number of transfers out she seems to have in the program. But I believe if any other coach at UNT had her overall record, this board would be on fire. It seems most of us are pretty patient with her given she's one of ours and inherited a mess. But McCasland also inherited a shit show, has won considerably more and has taken way more criticism on this board than Jalie.

• Upvote 1

I think you’re right, being one of the greatest women athletes the school has ever had....you just want her to succeed, most are willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. I haven’t heard anyone saying she needs to go. 

1 hour ago, meangreenJW said:

Honestly, I haven't seen much calling for her head. Are you talking about on GMG.com? I'm a fan and want Jalie to do well. I think she's not that far off. My biggest worry is the number of transfers out she seems to have in the program. But I believe if any other coach at UNT had her overall record, this board would be on fire. It seems most of us are pretty patient with her given she's one of ours and inherited a mess. But McCasland also inherited a shit show, has won considerably more and has taken way more criticism on this board than Jalie.

Yeah here on GMG.com.