MGSB vs Oklahoma Tournament

FirefightnRick

I had a great time today in Norman. Watching the girls beat OU was probably the best women's sports win I've ever seen. Congratulations to the softball team! I hope we have a big crowd show up when OU plays in Denton in a few weeks.

I really hope Wren is working on keeping De Long in Denton. In two seasons, this guy has turned us into one of the best programs in the country. With wins over two top 10 teams in the first 3 weeks, I think UNT deserves a ranking in the coaches poll.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

I had a great time today in Norman. Watching the girls beat OU was probably the best women's sports win I've ever seen. Congratulations to the softball team! I hope we have a big crowd show up when OU plays in Denton in a few weeks.

I really hope Wren is working on keeping De Long in Denton. In two seasons, this guy has turned us into one of the best programs in the country. With wins over two top 10 teams in the first 3 weeks, I think UNT deserves a ranking in the coaches poll.

You do know you can make a gift to the University and restrict it to whatever you desire including the softball program. I haven't got this specific but I would think they'd accept gifts towards softball salaries. I agree DeLong is doing a hell of a job. WB hired him so I'm sure he wants to keep him. Posting on here 2-3 times a week does nothing. $$$ towards it does and I'm sure every little bit helps. 

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

Y’all want in on one of the secrets to this team’s success, especially last years team?

Happiness and the return to having fun playing the game.

Rick

I haven't made it to a game yet this year. I will when the weather and my schedule line up. I made it to a half dozen or so last year and I agree. Night and day. They play hard but it's obvious they're having fun. I think the previous coach just kept them too uptight.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Curious why he pulled Trautwein when we were up 5-3. Seems that’s a time to keep her in unless there were concerns over pitch count. 

I'm guessing it was overall pitch count and how he figures schedule shakes out tomorrow. Hope was starting to struggle. If you leave her in and we lose, then you may not have her much, if at all, tomorrow. This team has come a long way. Our pitching behind hope isn't bad, but it's nowhere near her. We have a great chance to beat a Northwestern with Hope. We saw the game without her.