Western Kentucky (3/1/20)

CMJ

3 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

According to ESPN, attendance was 4471.  Not good for a game of this magnitude.

Well, 4471 saw one of the best basketball games, not UNT, but any basketball, in a long time.  Great game by WKU and a great, never quit attitude by us.

• Upvote 7

46 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I don't like blaming refs and think, overall, they called a pretty good game while letting the teams play.  BUT, the awarding of Hollingsworth with two shots when he never controlled the ball followed by Hamlet getting run out of bounds with no call about cost us the game.  Thank goodness it didn't.

Hamlet was a stud, but, to me, the overlooked player of the game was Geu.  Great defense, a presence around the basket and solid all game.

Could not agree more.

Many 50/50 calls went against us today, and that was not one of the 50/50 calls. Most of the time refs swallow whistles in final seconds of the game, but not these guys.

Also - props to our players for continuing to play through that garbage.

Geu made some key touch shots to stop WKU momentum.

• Upvote 3

I'm home and still a little shell shocked.  I mean, Hollingsworth - their poor-man's Iverson - had an opportunity to hit two FTs with 5 seconds left.  That would have all but sealed the deal.  He missed BOTH.  UNREAL.

I was also super impressed with WKU's Willilams (#22).  he gave us fits for like 75% of the game.  Very strong upperbody which we have no answer for.  swivels and pivots his way around everyone under the basket, and can shoot the 3.  They mentioned in the post-game show how Geu was responsible for shutting him down IIRC.

LT brings such incredible guard play to the table.  I think WKU's strength is their versatility and incredible aptitude to answer anything we have.  I'm not sure which one I prefer in Frisco.  @CMJ is right: thank God we only face one in the tourney.

I don't recall ever seeing such a dogfight between the 3 top teams in a conference.

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I cried for the first time in a while LOL. What a insane season and game. We beat WKU and the Refs

I'm right there with you! I was very emotional after the game.  Work prevents me from almost ever attending an athletic event.  To be able to witness this, with this result, meant so much to me.

honestly, though, don't ever do a Sunday game again.  Not sure why it was scheduled this way.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I'm right there with you! I was very emotional after the game.  Work prevents me from almost ever attending an athletic event.  To be able to witness this, with this result, meant so much to me.

honestly, though, don't ever do a Sunday game again.  Not sure why it was scheduled this way.

I had about 2 strokes and aged 10 years at the end of it😂

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, greenminer said:

i believe it was scheduled like this to be on CBS Sports Network. Its up to the conference, not NT

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, greenminer said:

CBS always airs east Sunday games. Be happy our conference was featured. ACC and Big Ten etc.. have all played on their at this time. 

• Upvote 2