Western Kentucky (3/1/20)

CMJ

2 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

This is going to be the biggest crowd of the year...which makes me nervous. 

I'd just as soon see the normal 2-3k butts in seats just so the team doesn't freak out again. 

Over the last 20 years, when we have big crowds, the odds are stacked against us winning in football or basketball...

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

11 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I'd just as soon see the normal 2-3k butts in seats just so the team doesn't freak out again. 

Over the last 20 years, when we have big crowds, the odds are stacked against us winning in football or basketball...

WKU is going to be a tough game. I shutter to think if we have a packed house just lose this game. You want people to come and take you seriously? These games must be won. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

Nah! Those CBI semi finals and especially the Finals against San Francisco were among the best crowds ever in the Pit and the atmosphere was incredible. Hope we can replicate on Sunday! 

Love this opportunity. A wise man said,  “To Be the Man, You Gotta Beat The Man”.

In the SunBelt and CUSA basketball, WKU has been “the man”. Time to knock em down a peg! 

Agreed those were some awesome crowds for the CBI finals! So much fun. The pit was rocking! Hopefully it is again on Sunday! GMG!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

7 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

It’s fitting that this would be our last home game. This has been a tremendous season for fans. The quality of basketball games this season has been so far above what we have seen here in a long time. We knew our non-conference schedule would be tough, but the Charlotte game, La Tech battles, the OU game, etc have made for so much quality basketball for us to watch.

A big deal was always made about OU, Arkansas, Utah State, Rhode Island, VCU, and Dayton games from the minute we found out about those games, but we also hosted two current conference leaders in Little Rock and NC A&T, both of whom we beat by 20+. I fully expect this to be another high quality basketball game where both teams force the other to absolutely earn every bit of this huge win.

This should be better than the LT game, and that seems hard to top (the fact that 2 players scored 3/4 of the points in the last few minutes)

4 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Coach McCasland even said that he would rather play in a empty arena type than a sellout

• Confused 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

29 minutes ago, greenminer said:

When did he say that?

Seems odd and contrary to most coach speak.  most would find words to encourage fans to come.

It was an interview with Matthew Brune on MeanGreen247. Now I don’t know the except word by word of what he said, but it was close

• Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3

9 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

This is generally true but we did beat Texas Tech years ago with a huge crowd

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

This is generally true but we did beat Texas Tech years ago with a huge crowd

We generally win basketball games with big crowds.  Oklahoma State, the last couple of games of the CBI as well.

Didn't beat WKU last year with 8K though.

• Upvote 1