NFL combine

SigmaGreen

15 minutes ago, SigmaGreen said:

30 in vertical, 114 broad jump. Compared to the top prospects he is doing ok. Kind of a mixed bag of results across the board. 

He's probably above average among DL. I know Simmons of Clemson isn't a DL, but he ran a 4.39 as a LB!! Wow

He didn't put up amazing numbers but didn't shit the bed either. Those 40 times probably end the discussion of him playing a 3-4 OLB, if you're not fast enough to cover a running back in pass coverage there is no place for you in the NFL in 2020, see EJ Ejiya.

What matters most is that he did well in his interviews. Over 1/3 of the guys invited to the combine won't get drafted, I don't think it's safe to assume he is even a late round selection at this point.

3 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

He didn't put up amazing numbers but didn't shit the bed either. Those 40 times probably end the discussion of him playing a 3-4 OLB, if you're not fast enough to cover a running back in pass coverage there is no place for you in the NFL in 2020, see EJ Ejiya.

What matters most is that he did well in his interviews. Over 1/3 of the guys invited to the combine won't get drafted, I don't think it's safe to assume he is even a late round selection at this point.

Remind me again, what happened to Ejiya?

23 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Remind me again, what happened to Ejiya?

He signed with the Ravens as a free agent and didn't make their roster, from what I read there were two other UDFA linebackers vying for one spot and the LB who won it was much faster and able to play pass coverage better. The days of run stuffing linebackers are over.

1 hour ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

He signed with the Ravens as a free agent and didn't make their roster, from what I read there were two other UDFA linebackers vying for one spot and the LB who won it was much faster and able to play pass coverage better. The days of run stuffing linebackers are over.

Thanks for the explanation.