Feelings on Giving Money to UNT

MGNation92

On 2/24/2020 at 1:03 PM, GrandGreen said:

In the extreme, no employer is going to believe a NT degree is equivalent to an Ivy League education. 

Experience usually trumps educational background, but particularly in entrance level positions;. the degree is very important. 

I know Texas is not Ivy league but they're highly regarded nationwide. A friend of my brother's (who went to Missouri) convinced me UNT was the best option for journalism. He was the sports editor for the DMN at the time and told me he held a UNT degree in higher esteem than a Texas degree if everything else was equal. I decided journalism wasn't for me but I don't blame that on him. Anyways, just my story on an employer's value of a UNT degree. I think it's also going to depend on what you studied and how that relates to what you're applying for. An Art History degree will hold little weight regardless of the school name on the degree.

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2020 at 9:30 AM, GMG24 said:

Not disagreeing, I graduated 7 years ago, and still have about 8 grand left to pay off.  

With zero evidence, I would guess the other schools' tuition costs you mentioned as being less than UNT are lower because of housing. DFW housing > Nacogdoches/Stephenville/Corpus Christie/Commerce housing.

Housing is a large chunk of the total tuition package.

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

With zero evidence, I would guess the other schools' tuition costs you mentioned as being less than UNT are lower because of housing. DFW housing > Nacogdoches/Stephenville/Corpus Christie/Commerce housing.

Housing is a large chunk of the total tuition package.

As far as I know, housing has nothing to do with tuition cost.   I assume you are talking about total cost of attendance. 

Housing can be cheap depending on how much luxury you want.and how close you chose to be. Denton may actually be cheaper depending on the housing supply at other colleges.