Looking at How We Match Up with the Other Teams in Our Pod.

UNTLifer

1 minute ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

It’s not good and it’s the elephant in the room right now.  Being off this much sucks.

I mean we are off 7 days but at home. We haven’t lost a game at home since OU (should’ve won and EMU) 

It should be very fun to watch

16 minutes ago, greenminer said:

What's our record after 6-7 days off?

We had 8 days off before the UTA game, which we won by 11 on the road.

We had 10 days off before the Dayton game and we lost by 13. Which probably had more to do with them being the #5 team in the country. No one in the A-10 has played them closer than 13 at their stadium either.

We had 7 days off before beating Texas Wesleyan by 38.

Then the Rice loss. Which they had the same layoff, as will La Tech.

I think people are making way too big a deal out of the layoff before the Rice game. We had a 4 or 5 point lead in the second half and we blew it. They hardly missed the last 8 minutes or so. Rust makes a little more sense of slow starts, but not as much with blowing leads in the second half.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

We had 10 days off before the Dayton game and we lost by 13. Which probably had more to do with them being the #5 team in the country. No one in the A-10 has played them closer than 13 at their stadium either.

I think people are making way too big a deal out of the layoff before the Rice game. We had a 4 or 5 point lead in the second half and we blew it. They hardly missed the last 8 minutes or so. Rust makes a little more sense of slow starts, but not as much with blowing leads in the second half.

We lost by 13. The only teams that have been close we’re URI and STL

A lot of crazy things could happen in Pod 1, as every team has been nearly unbeatable at home:

• UNT 12-2
  • LT 13-1
  • Charlotte 12-1
  • FIU 11-1

It's not out of the question that every team goes 2-2 with wins at home.    We really need to hold serve against La Tech.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Thank you.  That Rice loss stuck with me to the point that I didn't even look at the other games after an extended layoff.

• Upvote 1