Louisiana Tech (2/22/20)

CMJ

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

Pretty sure the tournament seeding is also determined by the result of pod play. We have earned nothing yet. 

(I refuse to call it "bonus" play.)

You are correct NT has not earned the top seed in the CUSA tournament.

You are incorrect in that NT has not earned anything yet.

NT has earned the best position in the bonus play and no less than the the 5th seed in the tournament. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

You are correct NT has not earned the top seed in the CUSA tournament.

You are incorrect in that NT has not earned anything yet.

NT has earned the best position in the bonus play and no less than the the 5th seed in the tournament. 

If I'm looking at it correctly, I think we're assured at least top 4 seed which means we've earned a 1st round by no matter what. We have 2 losses. Even if we lost 4 games we'd end at 6 losses. Charlotte and FIU both have 6 losses but they can't both win all four of their games since they play each other. One of them will end with 7 losses so we are for sure top 4.

• Upvote 2

I would prefer the NCAA, but love the fact that we could go NIT as well.  My problem with the NIT is that nobody remembers who won it.  Then again, the CBI run was great for our fans, so who knows.  Let's first win the regular season, then win the conference tournament, but as @greenminer stated, let's win the one in front of us and the let the chips fall.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

There was a surprisingly high participation level for the football game against ACU.  In fact, the only concentrated area of green at that game was, amazingly, the Green Brigade.

Student wise yes. I would say the alumni side wasn’t as festive 

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 2/18/2020 at 11:38 AM, meangreenJW said:

If I'm looking at it correctly, I think we're assured at least top 4 seed which means we've earned a 1st round by no matter what. We have 2 losses. Even if we lost 4 games we'd end at 6 losses. Charlotte and FIU both have 6 losses but they can't both win all four of their games since they play each other. One of them will end with 7 losses so we are for sure top 4.

Doesn't a win against Tech Saturday clinch a one or two seed in the conference tournament?

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Pretty much, but even if we won Saturday we could still have 3 teams finish 13-5, and I’m not sure if there’s a scenario where we could be the odd man out. 

Well we can’t be lower than the 4, and if we beat LT than we own the tiebreaker. I would think we lock up a 2-3 depending on the outcomes of the other games

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Well we can’t be lower than the 4, and if we beat LT than we own the tiebreaker. I would think we lock up a 2-3 depending on the outcomes of the other games

I think we lock up 1 or 2 with a win tomorrow. What if we beat La Tech and lose the last 3. We finish 13-5. La Tech wins their last 3. They finish 13-5. WKU with the loss to La Tech and win against us sits at 12-4. They split their last two to finish 13-5. WKU would win that 3 way tiebreak with a 3-1 head to head, then we would top La Tech head to head. Or WKU finishes better than 13-5 we would have the head to head for 2/3 over La Tech  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I think we lock up 1 or 2 with a win tomorrow. What if we beat La Tech and lose the last 3. We finish 13-5. La Tech wins their last 3. They finish 13-5. WKU with the loss to La Tech and win against us sits at 12-4. They split their last two to finish 13-5. WKU would win that 3 way tiebreak with a 3-1 head to head, then we would top La Tech head to head. Or WKU finishes better than 13-5 we would have the head to head for 2/3 over La Tech  

I believe you are correct.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Win out and this is all moot.

It wouldn't surprise me if all teams in Pod 1 go 2-2 with every loss being on the road. Everyone is really good at home in this group.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Win out and this is all moot.

It wouldn't surprise me if all teams in Pod 1 go 2-2 with every loss being on the road. Everyone is really good at home in this group.

Winning out should be the mindset, but the fact that we will have 8 days till our 1st game in the tournament worries me a lot. Mainly since we will probably play a UTSA or Marshall

• Eye Roll 1