Mean Green Adjust, Take Down Charlotte (M. Brune from 247)

UNTLifer

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/North-Texas-Mean-Green-basketball-adjust-take-down-Charlotte-at-home-143790524/

“It’s February, so around this time teams are trying to make the postseason and teams are going to give us their best because we aren’t the underdogs anymore,” junior guard Javion Hamlet said. “It’s good to get something thrown at us different and we’ll just adjust and get better.”

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Like this quote from Coach:

“The biggest [stat] was 46-18 in the paint and that’s just where we have to play,” McCasland said. “When they took away Zach on the inside then Javion and Mo got going on the outside and they were collaborating on how we wanted them to play. We definitely made the right plays in the second half offensively.”

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Like this quote from Coach:

“The biggest [stat] was 46-18 in the paint and that’s just where we have to play,” McCasland said. “When they took away Zach on the inside then Javion and Mo got going on the outside and they were collaborating on how we wanted them to play. We definitely made the right plays in the second half offensively.”

I was shocked by that margin. Charlotte was guarding the outside so much, they would leave Zach and Geu open a lot

Really impressed with our patience on offense.  That, and we rarely look rattled.  I credit that to Hamlet's ball handling and leadership, plus Reese just has a knack for hitting the big shot to shut down runs.  Really like what these two have brought to the team.  Add Bell as a reliable sixth man that does the dirty work working the boards and drawing charges, and these JUCO's have been huge for us.  Much better than I anticipated.  I knew something about Reese since he played out here at Odessa College last year, but really had no idea about Hamlet and Bell.

I hope last night was a return to form for Dang Geu as well.  I love cheering Dang Geu, and not dang!, Geu!

• Upvote 2