Charlotte (2/13/20)

CMJ

1 hour ago, ttunt1970 said:

Good win what did attendance look like

56 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Looked like more than the normal two thousand something, but not 4k. Maybe 3k?

One of the Women's Tennis players throwing T-shirts instead of throwing it hit a line drive direct into our section.  It was funny seeing people basically diving away from the T-shirt instead of towards it.

Why was the Charlotte coach so ho-hum the whole game?  Coach Mac can get worked up, but the Charlotte coach looked like he might just go take a nap he was so bored with the game.

20200213_205421.jpg

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Looked like more than the normal two thousand something, but not 4k. Maybe 3k?

One of the Women's Tennis players throwing T-shirts instead of throwing it hit a line drive direct into our section.  It was funny seeing people basically diving away from the T-shirt instead of towards it.

Why was the Charlotte coach so ho-hum the whole game?  Coach Mac can get worked up, but the Charlotte coach looked like he might just go take a nap he was so bored with the game.

20200213_205421.jpg

I bet tickets scanned was somewhere in the 2500 to 2750 range. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

Good win when we didn't play our best.  I don't know the last time I have seen Hamlet miss a FT.  Reese steps up again and hits a couple of timely three's to keep us out front.  The crowd didn't look terrible on television and I don't get the complaints about the refs.  Watched the entire game and didn't see anything I thought was terrible.  In fact, I thought they let them play a little more than normal.  Surprised Jackson didn't see any time.

Geu was huge especially early and had a much better game than he has of late.  Z. Simmons was huge in the paint and Bell did all the dirty work.  Nice nine man rotation and good to see all five starters in double figures.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

Great job weathering a 3 pt shooting clinic by Charlotte. We beat these dudes up physically. They had no answer for Zach and Geu inside. Not our best game overall but we managed to beat another quality opponent in league play. Getting prepped for the battles to come in Frisco.

Edited by Green Lantern
  • Upvote 2

That was fun!  I kept thinking, aren’t we the magic 3 point team in the land! Their 3’s kept them in the game but it was nice to see us so physical. I remember when Charlotte and uab were bigger faster more seasoned than us. Love how our pieces just grind and catch the flow when the game gets tight. I too think the refs let them play tonight which was enjoyable. 
GMG

• Upvote 3

How many points did we get from from the backdoor last night?  Coach Mac would have gone crazy if that kept happening to us in a game.  The 49ers coach did not seem to be to excited about it..  Maybe they were selling out for the 3 pts shots and willing to give up some easy baskets.   There were times that Simmons and Geu were so open it was unbelievable.   

I don't think we played our best but the team played steady and the 49ers kept the game close with their 3's.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

Great job weathering a 3 pt shooting clinic by Charlotte. We beat these dudes up physically. They had no answer for Zach and Geu inside. Not our best game overall but we managed to beat another quality opponent in league play. Getting prepped for the battles to come in Frisco.

Pretty sure we out scored them in the paint 48-16? Something like that.

I was glad to see Mo get his touch back, but also drive in the lane. Javion as well mainly late