Charlotte (2/13/20)

CMJ

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

Atop the league in mid-February.  If we don't have 5K+ at this game, I will be disappointed.

It really should be in the 6-7k range. Heck, with our numbers we should be selling out every game. But I’m starting to wonder if it’s going to take an NCAA appearance for things to really take off from an attendance perspective. Our fan base takes FOREVER to build and overnight to dismantle. 

• Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, Mean Green Matt said:

It really should be in the 6-7k range. Heck, with our numbers we should be selling out every game. But I’m starting to wonder if it’s going to take an NCAA appearance for things to really take off from an attendance perspective. Our fan base takes FOREVER to build and overnight to dismantle. 

That's why I said 5K.

I figure the Rice loss took off at least 500-1000 attendees off our previous home game that the next two wins had to get back.

2 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

The crowds we had for the CBI were the best I have seen in a long time.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2

Just now, southsideguy said:

The crowds we had for the CBI were the best I have seen in a long time.

Yes, but I believe only the final was above 5k. The semi may have been just a hair above it. And then it fell right back down the following year. We need to do a very un-North Texas thing and cash in on this season. It will pay massive dividends down the road. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

They just need to have a good old fashion HS like pep rally right there in the area between the student union and library. Band, cheerleaders, dancers, have the Greek organizations perform, have a cookout, invite the basketball team, have Coach McCasland and whoever he uses as the hype man to speak get the students hyped. Give out raffle tickets to win money at the game. Have Dr. Smatresk excuse students for the classes missed, but must have the raffle ticket along with a picture of them inside the Super Pit at the game for the excuse to be legitimate. Maybe too much, but you have to do something to get students to this game to see this team play. For us who are no longer students, I am not sure other than getting off of our fourth point of contact and getting there.

Edited by Venson
Grammar
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I know the attendance is not great by any means but I think we are still recovering under the previous coach.  I will never forget when we played SFA in the Pit under the previous coach and I could hear the ball bouncing on the court during the game, the SFA coach yelling instructions on the floor.  There was hardly anyone there and SFA might have had more fans than we did.  I think there was less than 1K in the gym that night.   Heck , I think a kids game at the YMCA at 8 am on Saturday  morning would have had a bigger crowd.

This team we have on the court now deserves big crowds and it helps the team.  I can't remember which game it was this season when a team came roaring back at us and the crowd got going and team responded and pull away.  Big crowds can make a big difference at the home court.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, southsideguy said:

I can't remember which game it was this season when a team came roaring back at us and the crowd got going and team responded and pull away.  Big crowds can make a big difference at the home court.

UTSA game was that way if memory serves me right.

• Upvote 1

I was contacted Friday by the ticket office saying they will be offering a four pack for the last four games.  I plan on bringing the whole family and maybe two more to all the games which is tough for me on the weekday games with a 5 and 7 year old.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2020 at 10:30 AM, Mean Green Matt said:

Image result for tony benford

Hi guys!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2