Mean Green Softball wins at Louisiana

Salsa_Verde

Louisiana is ranked 10th even though during the broadcast they were ranked 8th. Second year in a row the ladies have won in Lafayette. They beat Megan Kleist, their highly touted All-American grad transfer from Oregon. Great Day! 

Go Mean Green! 

2FB0D596-653D-44AE-94CA-8AD3C63B194A.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1

7 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Surprised UL’s coaches would want to play us again after last year.

I bet we don’t play them next year!

They usually play a tough non-conference schedule every year.  And since it’s a 50+ game season I’m sure they welcome anyone that can push them to get ready for the meat and potatoes of their schedule and another run at the series.

Hopefully if we beat McNeese for the championship tomorrow the DRC won’t headline our loss to them back on Friday?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

9 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Hopefully if we beat McNeese for the championship tomorrow the DRC won’t headline our loss to them back on Friday?

You know Brett cannot write an article about UNT without bringing up the fact that we lost to a team before even if that loss was 30 years ago.

• Upvote 3

I don’t know the politics that had to be overcome to get that name change, but it still fascinates me the evolution from Southwestern Louisiana Industrial Institute to Univ of SW Louisiana  to Louisiana (still on their jersey) to UL Louisiana, with a few incarnations in between. And it remains my favorite G5 football game day, outside of North Texas.

Can you imagine any Texas school’s jersey other than UT emblazoned with the great state of TEXAS over the numbers?

GMG

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, untcampbell said:

I don’t know the politics that had to be overcome to get that name change, but it still fascinates me the evolution from Southwestern Louisiana Industrial Institute to Univ of SW Louisiana  to Louisiana (still on their jersey) to UL Louisiana, with a few incarnations in between. And it remains my favorite G5 football game day, outside of North Texas.

Can you imagine any Texas school’s jersey other than UT emblazoned with the great state of TEXAS over the numbers?

GMG

Website still has Lafayette.  Everywhere in their website they refer to themselves as Louisiana Lafayette. 

https://louisiana.edu/

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Eye Roll 1