UAB 2/8/20

CMJ

Huge road wins. I don't think a casual fan realizes how hard winning conference games on the road is. On this trip alone, I think that was our 2nd ever road win at MTSU and 2nd ever at UAB. Ever. In my opinion, we are a 2nd dominant post player away from blowing out road teams. Nonetheless, this team is having an incredible season. Everyone needs to be at the Super Pit this week.

• Upvote 5
  • Ray 2

15 minutes ago, meangreenJW said:

Huge road wins. I don't think a casual fan realizes how hard winning conference games on the road is. On this trip alone, I think that was our 2nd ever road win at MTSU and 2nd ever at UAB. Ever. In my opinion, we are a 2nd dominant post player away from blowing out road teams. Nonetheless, this team is having an incredible season. Everyone needs to be at the Super Pit this week.

This team also won for the first time at La Tech...in the history of North Texas basketball 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Pretty much a two-team race for that top spot between us and WKU at this point. We head home, they have the UTSA and UTEP road swing. We control our destiny.

Biggest regular season games in Denton in a long time. We need to take care of business to make sure that next game against WKU is here. Because we are going to have to beat them if we want the auto NIT bid and #1 seed in the tournament. 

• Upvote 6

Western barely beat Southern Mississippi at home. With their lack of a bench, they may be wearing down like we did last year. They have struggled on the road and winning at UTSA will be a challenge. Winning 1 of 2 next week may be enough to get the top pod seed and home games against Western and La Tech.

• Upvote 1

This team appears to be undoing the stigma that Grant collapses late in the season.  It will be a tough pill, IMO, if we bow out in the first round of CUSA tourney or - even more painful - lose in the finals then lose the first game of the NIT.

I am getting ahead of myself though.  Let's take care of these last two.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

This team appears to be undoing the stigma that Grant collapses late in the season.  It will be a tough pill, IMO, if we bow out in the first round of CUSA tourney or - even more painful - lose in the finals then lose the first game of the NIT.

I am getting ahead of myself though.  Let's take care of these last two.

That would hurt very bad.

WKU is not very good on the road, and can barely win at home (minus MTSU) They also have probably the worst bench production in the nation

Should be very interesting and if we can lock up the 1 seed, I think we host the 2-3 and go to the 4-5? 

3 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

That we should win conference, but still have to play WKU

I mean Bell, Draper, Rose all average more points than WKU has scored overall on the bench this year lol

There's so many talking points here.

Geu's play has fallen, but we've won 10 of 11.
Is there any reason to fear we will collapse again vs. WKU, like we did in the first game?

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

There's so many talking points here.

Geu's play has fallen, but we've won 10 of 11.
Is there any reason to fear we will collapse again vs. WKU, like we did in the first game?

I mean NT fans should always worry a lot about winning anything because it comes so rare. All I want is to host WKU at the Pit during Pod Play. Just imagine that atmosphere

• Upvote 1

Really want WKU in Denton in Pod play. That program was the standard bearer for hoops in the Sun Belt and continues to be so now in CUSA. I have immense respect for them.

That said, I think we can expose them playing at home (and in Frisco). The 2nd half of the game against them earlier this  year, WKU put on a clinic in hot shooting from 3. I don’t think they replicate that again.

• Upvote 2