Rule Changes I would Like To See

El Paso Eagle

OK, here are some thoughts.....

RED SHIRTSthe 4-game rule only for a player in his first year at a school. No more players after two to three years red-shirting

COACHING CHANGES – If a coach is fired (not talking contract not renewed) first-year underclassmen should get a one-time waiver to transfer. Definitely for HC, and I would extend to OC/DC and position coaches for Freshmen.

On a purely maybe good for us

NO WAIT TRANSFER – Just as they can currently do from FBS to FCS, a player could transfer from a P5 to G5 one time. I would give this to underclassmen only.

• Eye Roll 1

5 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

OK, here are some thoughts.....

RED SHIRTSthe 4-game rule only for a player in his first year at a school. No more players after two to three years red-shirting

COACHING CHANGES – If a coach is fired (not talking contract not renewed) first-year underclassmen should get a one-time waiver to transfer. Definitely for HC, and I would extend to OC/DC and position coaches for Freshmen.

On a purely maybe good for us

NO WAIT TRANSFER – Just as they can currently do from FBS to FCS, a player could transfer from a P5 to G5 one time. I would give this to underclassmen only.

Like and agree with redshirt rule

Coaching change proposal is high on the fairness meter but would be way too disruptive to implement.   Players are aware that they sign with a school not a coach.   

There is technically no such thing as a G5 school.  It is just a name given to schools not in a bowl alliance conference designated as a P5.  FBS and FCS denoted actual divisions of the NCAA with different rules and with the FCS having a playoff system. 

The one rule that never will be implemented but should, is to put a spending cap on member schools.  Even the money hungry pros realize that it is in their best interest to foster competition and not let teams just outright buy championships. 

This will never happen because college administrators are too scared to alienate the fan base.  Obviously, the athletic administrators and coaches are never going to let this happen because they are the ones that benefit from the status quo of spending as much money as can be possibly raised. 

Edited by GrandGreen