Rico Bussey Has entered the Portal

TheReal_jayD

3 hours ago, Moobs said:

But this brings up another point.  How does having a player transfer out effect our scholarships?  Do we just lose a player and scholarship?

Yes, we lose a scholarship player

3 hours ago, Moobs said:

Can we offer an extra scholarship if he leaves?

No. We get 25 per class, regardless of who leaves. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Yes, we lose a scholarship player

No. We get 25 per class, regardless of who leaves. 

That’s how I thought it worked. Sounds like a program could be completely decimated if a group of players decided to band together and leave en mass. I wonder if we’ll see a mutiny like that in college football some day?

40 minutes ago, Moobs said:

That’s how I thought it worked. Sounds like a program could be completely decimated if a group of players decided to band together and leave en mass. I wonder if we’ll see a mutiny like that in college football some day?

No doubt. At some point you will see a change in staff and see a mass exodus. 

24 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

How can you possibly let a talent like Bussey walk away?  Makes no sense.  Guy is a Hall of Famer candidate.

Form reports, it seems like not long after the injury he was already on the way out.

Seems like there might be more to the story.

Still not sure why he didn't have surgery

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

on this grad transfer rule,  there should be penalty on schools that bring in a hired gun for one year and they leave.   If they don't graduate it should be the same rule in place just like if they don't finish their undergraduate degree.   I would love to know how many of these transfer actually obtain their master's or phd.  Does the NCAA have a % out on this number?

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

On 2/9/2020 at 2:12 PM, Moobs said:

Some would argue this is what’s happening at UConn right now - their roster has basically evaporated due to the changes in conference affiliation.  But, I mean, it’s their own fault.

Stanford is running into a unique problem- due to the difficulty of getting into their graduate schools kids who graduate with playing time remaining are leaving early.  To his credit David Shaw has recommended they move on to a master’s program, and as a result they’ve got something like 15 kids transferring this year.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, SMUleopold said:

Some would argue this is what’s happening at UConn right now - their roster has basically evaporated due to the changes in conference affiliation.  But, I mean, it’s their own fault.

Stanford is running into a unique problem- due to the difficulty of getting into their graduate schools kids who graduate with playing time remaining are leaving early.  To his credit David Shaw has recommended they move on to a master’s program, and as a result they’ve got something like 15 kids transferring this year.

Any thoughts on who if anyone will replace UConn in the AAC?  I heard a rumor that Southern Miss was considering joining AAC for baseball and rejoining the Sun Belt for other sports.  Just wondered if you were hearing anything and thanks for aiming by.  You are by far one of my favorite SMU posters.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

What is the chance Rico stays in Denton for 1 more year?  I would think by now he would have signed on with somebody else if he was really leaving??

Would be nice, but I'm guessing that ship has sailed. I believe he is set on moving on. He is too good of a player not to get on somewhere.