HT VS MTSU WB

GrandGreen

Don't agree.

The coaching is not the issue.  Great game plan had us up on a superior team for three quarters. 

She totally turned over the roster this year.  It will be fine.  

She is suffering from the same fate the men did last year.  We only had 8 players available last night.  Three starters are out for the season with surgery.  Three more with outstanding talent are redshirt transfers.  One more was dismissed from the team.

We only have one senior and she can be replaced.  Lots of freshmen getting playing time and improving.  It is the senior that isn't getting any better (although she played better last night).

This time next year we will be in the hunt for the conference title.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNT86 said:

Don't agree.

The coaching is not the issue.  Great game plan had us up on a superior team for three quarters. 

She is suffering from the same fate the men did last year.  We only had 8 players available last night.  Three starters are out for the season with surgery.  Three more with outstanding talent are redshirt transfers.  One more was dismissed from the team.

We only have one senior and she can be replaced.  Lots of freshmen getting playing time and improving.  It is the senior that isn't getting any better (although she played better last night).

I agree with UNT86.  Its what the mens team can do to people now.  We have a deep bench on the mens side and can keep fresh legs on the court at all times. Roosevelt Smart is 7 or 8th best coming of the bench?  That is a deep bench when you can run him in there.

She is a good game day coach, in the end we lost last night because we got tired in the end.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

I agree with UNT86.  Its what the mens team can do to people now.  We have a deep bench on the mens side and can keep fresh legs on the court at all times. Roosevelt Smart is 7 or 8th best coming of the bench?  That is a deep bench when you can run him in there.

She is a good game day coach, in the end we lost last night because we got tired in the end.

I do worry how many top players don’t end their careers here. That hasn’t helped.

4 hours ago, UNT86 said:

Don't agree.

I hope you are right, but doubt it.

Scoring only 4 points and giving up a bunch in the fourth quarter, is just not do to having only 8 players. 

How in the world do you think it was a great game plan if as you think the team was too tired to compete in the fourth quarter?

What outstanding redshirts?  They maybe, but nothing in their bios indicates that they are that strong.

What 3 starters are out for the season?   Owens, McDowell and Neal?  I don't think either McDowell or Owens started at the beginning of the year. I doubt Neal projected as a starter either.  

Ii have stated several times on this board that I believe Mitchell is a good recruiter.  She  may become a great bench coach, I just don't see that yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNT86 said:

GrandGreen, just out of curiosity and not being critical, but were you at the game yesterday?

Not sure what that has to do with my comments.

Watched it on the internet which has both advantages and disadvantages to viewing in person. 

Have seen every woman's game but one either live or video. 

To be blunt, I am not likely to see any more live girls games unless this team shows a lot of improvement. Not worth the five hours of travel and game time that would entail. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, UNT86 said:

Don't agree.

They’ve been in games for most of the season, but I agree it’s the game plan at the end. They’ve blown at least 3 leads going into the 4th.