Question for any HS Coaches - Or others who have experience

El Paso Eagle

Look, regardless of the fact that we ended up with Brown, it sucks that the kid and his family are going through this. Honestly, with the "number" of offers schools make i'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.  

My question is do most schools have a coach, our councilor assigned to work with kids to make sure everything is on the up-and-up? 

Again, hate that this happens to kids, and hopefully it is no longer mentioned on the board.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 1

From experience, your more succesful programs (Allen, DeSoto, Ceder Hill, etc.) have a position coach with the added title "recruiting coordinator". They work on making sure all entry tests and GPA are inline with the school/level the kid is wanting to play at. They also help kids navigate those murky waters and help kids that aren't your 5 or 4 star player get to play somewhere. Other schools that may not be as dominant or have many players that get heavily recruited will have a coach that will help, but does not have the depth of knowledge and structure set up for the recruiting/signing process.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Look, regardless of the fact that we ended up with Brown, it sucks that the kid and his family are going through this. Honestly, with the "number" of offers schools make i'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.  

My question is do most schools have a coach, our councilor assigned to work with kids to make sure everything is on the up-and-up? 

Again, hate that this happens to kids, and hopefully it is no longer mentioned on the board.

I knew a parent whose football player son was subjected to such a hoax, and, from hearing about that experience, I'm not sure there is all that much that can be done about it, as such activity can come from such a wide range of perpetrators, some likely classmates of the affected student athlete. When a college HC is involved, that's a whole other level. That said, if one or more coaches at a program can be available to counsel these players as to whether an offer is legitimate and help them avoid such, that sounds like a worthwhile investment of staff resources. After posting this, I will STFU, as you suggest, and hope others will do likewise.