Boom!! North Texas lands top WR

TheReal_jayD

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

This young man got "Kiffened", which will come back to haunt Ole' Miss in the long run, and ended up in the right place all along.

Kiffin was being Kiffin at FAU and, tell me, how are they haunted?

Unfortunately, Kiffin did this because he will get away with it.  And Ol' Miss will be fine.  Probably even better because he will continue to be Kiffin.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

"Landing him" is not the right phrase. "Caught him on the rebound" is more accurate.

I'm almost as tired of us being an "on the rebound" school as I am of us losing games that we should have won.......after going up 20+ points in the first half.

I guess Hayden Fry spoiled me when he took a big time recruit away from A$M. The recruit never realized his true potential, but the publicity was great.

I wager that NT and most other g5 and lower level p5's didn't sign one player that was that player first choice of a place to play. 

Likewise, if NT could sign anyone they wanted, they would probably not sign any of the players they did. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Every night when I roll over and look at my wife I think “I know she’s beautiful, but I wasn’t her first boyfriend damnit!!”

Frankly, I don't even want kids who played for their high school team in the first place. 

If they were serious about being here, they'd save themselves for college.

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

Kiffin was being Kiffin at FAU and, tell me, how are they haunted?

Unfortunately, Kiffin did this because he will get away with it.  And Ol' Miss will be fine.  Probably even better because he will continue to be Kiffin.

You don't treat people like that and it not coming back around some time in the future.  Did he do this to someone at FAU?

17 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

We had Loronzo Thompson as the lone WR in this class prior to him signing.   

Running an Air Raid, that's not gonna work out very well in 3-4 years.   I'm glad Brown fell into our laps... however it happened!

We did pretty good over the last 4 yrs with a guy that fell into our laps.

14 hours ago, KeithLee said:

UNT was a lot of the UNTamed20’s 1st choice. I definitely know it was Christian’s 1st choice even though he was getting P5 looks at LB. He probably would of had several more offers if he wouldn’t of committed so early because of his Senior season stats.  However, he knew as soon as he was on campus this was the school he wanted to be at and got on the recruiting trail as hard as the coaches. In his heart he knows he is a P5 talent and wanted to come to UNT along with all of the other commits to push this program to a new level. If we all could get on board with Coach Trice, former mean green player, we can shock the NCAA. We have been around to these other schools in our area and there is a difference with our coaching staff. All the pieces are coming together. Stay the course, trust in our coaches, and most of all fill the stands on Saturday. We are the 67th ranked team in NCAA with this recruiting class and #1 in Conference USA. Things are about to blow up!!!  My 2cents. 

F999C6FF-6D0E-436C-BE0A-6AA9550154DD.jpeg

Great to hear.

However, I still doubt there are a lot of players that signed with NT that would have turned down say a SEC ship to do so.

This is certainly not a knock on any player or NT, it is just a fact for most lower tier football programs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

40 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Great to hear.

However, I still doubt there are a lot of players that signed with NT that would have turned down say a SEC ship to do so.

This is certainly not a knock on any player or NT, it is just a fact for most lower tier football programs. 

Most kids that get an SEC/P5 offer are ready to go and tear up the world, especially now days when everyone is told how great they are. Look around at FBS, G5, and other conferences and you will see a lot of players who were recruited to P5 programs and barely, if ever played. I have watched some FBS games were each team has multiple P5 transfers.