Boom!! North Texas lands top WR

TheReal_jayD

"Landing him" is not the right phrase. "Caught him on the rebound" is more accurate.

I'm almost as tired of us being an "on the rebound" school as I am of us losing games that we should have won.......after going up 20+ points in the first half.

I guess Hayden Fry spoiled me when he took a big time recruit away from A$M. The recruit never realized his true potential, but the publicity was great.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 8
  • Downvote 14

13 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

"Landing him" is not the right phrase. "Caught him on the rebound" is more accurate.

I'm almost as tired of us being an "on the rebound" school as I am of us losing games that we should have won.......after going up 20+ points in the first half.

I guess Hayden Fry spoiled me when he took a big time recruit away from A$M. The recruit never realized his true potential, but the publicity was great.

Fry would probably need to hire help to understand social media these days.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

there was more than one person going after the rebound.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Look at it this way, we signed a talented WR who now, thanks to Ole Miss, has a massive chip on his shoulder. I see this as a win-win for both parties. 

Welcome to the Mean Green, Detraveon. We're thrilled to have you. 

• Upvote 7

16 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Years from now if he is successful no one will care how we got him, just that we got him. Personally, I don't care how we get them, rebound, transfer, etc. If the can contribute and don't show public regret for being here i'm good

Yep.  Don't care how the sausage is made as long as it tastes great.  This staff should be applauded for filling out the recruiting class with quality talent.  We're at the top of CUSA and one of the top G5 recruiting classes this year.  Bodes well for the future.

Add a good grad transfer QB to this mix to come in and compete and we're in great shape.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Green Lantern said:

Yep.  Don't care how the sausage is made as long as it tastes great.  This staff should be applauded for filling out the recruiting class with quality talent.  We're at the top of CUSA and one of the top G5 recruiting classes this year.  Bodes well for the future.

Add a good grad transfer QB to this mix to come in and compete and we're in great shape.

QB/OLine/DT for the last one is my hope

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Down vote me all you want, but being a recruits first choice always raises the "perception" of North Texas. Something we always struggle with.  

OR  ... when he comes here and loves it and kicks ass he will have a great story to tell others how if he could go back he wouldn't change a thing because UNT is incredible

image.png.e4d373ccf50758fe5eff042a86725236.png 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

QB/OLine/DT for the last one is my hope

No more OL, unless it's just some amazing once-in-a-lifetime guys.   That position is more than saturated right now.

DT yes.   QB yes.    Although, I kinda wonder if we leave gaps in the QB signings... will that entice better QBs to look at us next year? 
Like, "Hey, there are no Freshmen in front of me that I have to beat!"  So even if Khuene is the real deal and starts through his Senior year, the 2021 QB recruit would still have 2 more years to start.  NT would be a better opportunity to play.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

You’re right. Definitely should’ve said no to the kid. We’re their first choice or no choice!!!! 

*hints of sarcasm*

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

Down vote me all you want, but being a recruits first choice always raises the "perception" of North Texas. Something we always struggle with.  

According to 247 Sports, UNT’s 2020 class is ranked 67th in country. That’s ahead of UCF, Houston and Virginia Tech. Considering the lack of nfl draft picks, bowl wins and conference titles in a mediocre CUSA, I’d say we are overachieving in the “perception” department. 

Edited by Mab2015
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1