Signing Day Thread

97and03

32 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I would like to see us also move Jacobi Johnson to DE and go to a front similar to what we had under Skladany, with a 1-Tech, 3-Tech, and the DEs at about a 5-Tech and 7-Tech respectively. Have Rausaw and Dotson at the 3-Tech behind Colvin and maybe LeBlanc for now, Tashoyn Johnson and maybe Leblanc at 1-Tech behind Novil for now, have Mccrae and Pickett at the 5-Tech, and Ozougwu, Jacobi Johnson, and Jimmy Walker at the 7-tech with Frow wherever you need him.

Should be a good, young d-line group that could keep the linemen off our backers and have some quality pass rushers.

I see Johnson as a LB because he has that LB strength, and is quick. It would be nice to have good OLBs like Ejiya 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I see Johnson as a LB because he has that LB strength, and is quick. It would be nice to have good OLBs like Ejiya 

We just have so many LBs. Tyreke, KD, Thornton, Nixon, Hunt, Kevin Wood, Grayson Murphy, Gabriel Murphy, and Taylor Jacobs plus Brown and Johnson would be 11 scholarships on second-level linebackers. That’s a lot for 2 second-level linebacker spots, and even a lot for 3 if we change schemes. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

I believe we pulled in the 2nd/3rd best class in the conference behind FAU/maybe LA Tech, who both will continue to be a problem in the conference for the foreseeable future.  I know the schedule is tough next year, and not so great overall recruiting in Littrell's first few years is hurting our upperclassmen depth, but a lot of the gems we've had have been lower rated guys than the majority of our signees the last couple years (Fine/Darden/Ejiya/Hamilton/Bussey/Kemon Hall).  If we can continue to have guys like that step up along with classes that should be much deeper than before I feel really good about the future.

Edited by UNT18Grad
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNT18Grad said:

I believe we pulled in the 2nd/3rd best class in the conference behind FAU/maybe LA Tech, who both will continue to be a problem in the conference for the foreseeable future.  I know the schedule is tough next year, and not so great overall recruiting in Littrell's first few years is hurting our upperclassmen depth, but a lot of the gems we've had have been lower rated guys than the majority of our signees the last couple years (Fine/Darden/Ejiya/Hamilton/Bussey/Kemon Hall).  If we can continue to have guys like that step up along with classes that should be much deeper than before I feel really good about the future.

FAU has like 10 transfers coming in most on offense. They are gonna be a legit team for a long time 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Withers940 said:

We are now ranked 3rd in conference in recruiting. FIU made a jump from 3rd to 1st with 25 commits 

I'm not gonna be too down on this.  I feel as long as we are consistently in the top 3, and Wren does not accept sub-par coaching, we will be in title contention every year.

Also, where do we rank in terms of the recruit average (not the class sum)?

4 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I'm not gonna be too down on this.  I feel as long as we are consistently in the top 3, and Wren does not accept sub-par coaching, we will be in title contention every year.

Also, where do we rank in terms of the recruit average (not the class sum)?

**we are 1st. one still coming

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

a

1 minute ago, TheReal_jayD said:

There is ore to story. Some shady Lane Kiffin stuff. Will explain on the podcast.

He took an OV there this past weekend, so it’s not like other scholarship hoaxes in the past where the school was just never legitimately recruiting that player.