MTSU (2/6/20)

UNTLifer

Zack and Mo’s poor shooting almost cost us this game.  I love Zack but sometimes it appears he doesn’t have his head in the game.  What’s up with Mo pressing the three when it’s not falling.  Hamlet is our savior!  Clutch down the stretch.  Another thing, anyone else notice when we get a double digit lead this year we tend to make sloppy turnovers and shoot NBA+ three’s that don’t fall, only to let the opposing team a chance to crawl back.  Tighten it up guys.  Beat UAB!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

7 hours ago, NTEX91 said:

Zack and Mo’s poor shooting almost cost us this game.  I love Zack but sometimes it appears he doesn’t have his head in the game.  What’s up with Mo pressing the three when it’s not falling.  Hamlet is our savior!  Clutch down the stretch.  Another thing, anyone else notice when we get a double digit lead this year we tend to make sloppy turnovers and shoot NBA+ three’s that don’t fall, only to let the opposing team a chance to crawl back.  Tighten it up guys.  Beat UAB!

Zack was 4-7, not bad.

Gibson was way off and kept chucking them up.  

NT's biggest problem the last two games is very suspect defense and a bad MTSU team killed them on the boards.

There did not appear to be more than 100 people at this game.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Zack was 4-7, not bad.

Gibson was way off and kept chucking them up.  

NT's biggest problem the last two games is very suspect defense and a bad MTSU team killed them on the boards.

There did not appear to be more than 100 people at this game.  

Said attendance was 3k😂 also it seems like Mo is not driving at all. So many 3s when he can drive.

Also everyone knew rebounding was going to be a struggle, but wow we missed some big rebounds including the tip in by Bell

22 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Said attendance was 3k😂 also it seems like Mo is not driving at all. So many 3s when he can drive.

Also everyone knew rebounding was going to be a struggle, but wow we missed some big rebounds including the tip in by Bell

Not sure what announced attendance, an obviously made up number, has to do with how many were actually there.

Being NT has a much better rebounding margin than MTSU, not sure why everyone would know it would be a struggle. 

• Upvote 1

First off, I am a big Zach Simmons fan and love his work and touch around the basket, but there are times he is so frustrating.  He comes across as soft when trying to finesse shots in.  Just once, I want to see him turn, take it hard to the basket and slam it.  He has the body to do this, but he is soft.

Mo was a disaster last night after a pretty good start.  It looked like he started forcing it late instead of letting the shots come to him and getting in a rythym, and yes, he should have driven to the hole.

Once again, Reese answers a big shot with one of his own.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

First off, I am a big Zach Simmons fan and love his work and touch around the basket, but there are times he is so frustrating.  He comes across as soft when trying to finesse shots in.  Just once, I want to see him turn, take it hard to the basket and slam it.  He has the body to do this, but he is soft.

Mo was a disaster last night after a pretty good start.  It looked like he started forcing it late instead of letting the shots come to him and getting in a rythym, and yes, he should have driven to the hole.

Once again, Reese answers a big shot with one of his own.

I would say Geu is the guy that hasn’t been as aggressive as of recent. Also not finishing 

11 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Not sure what announced attendance, an obviously made up number, has to do with how many were actually there.

Being NT has a much better rebounding margin than MTSU, not sure why everyone would know it would be a struggle. 

Rebounding has been more of a struggle in CUSA play. We out rebounded everyone minus I think USU, but in CUSA play we’ve been out rebounded 4 times