Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Jayden Jones: LB Parish Episcopal: 3 star - .8416


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Commitment #1 for the class

It will be his regret when he rides the pine at a P5 school instead of starting at North Texas... but hey it’s his call! 

Oh, I know the generation.  Sometimes I feel people are thinking all of our commits are just here because they have no other choice. In all honesty, I am tired of the "form" tweet that says "resp

Posted Images

  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, greenminer said:

There's this itch on the back of my neck that says the result of tomorrow's game will play into this.

I know he says that he will figure this out tonight, though, so we'll see.

The decision tonight is that he's going to the winner of tomorrow's game?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, greenminer said:

He Tweeted an article link that suggests his 3 finalists...and we are not one of them.

https://kansas.n.rivals.com/news/jayden-jones-focusing-on-three-schools-announcing-saturday

I bet wherever he commits will not be his final home. His track record is not good. Just like the Weaver kid that left the program.

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Watched him play tonight against Midland Christian. Good size but he got handled by a much, much smaller OL for most of the game. Had one sack where he was unblocked, but other than that he did not stand out. I didn’t realize it was him until after the game was over but was intrigued by the 5’8”  180 lb. TE that gave him fits most of the game.  
 

Looks the part but didn’t really deliver. I guess being the teammate of Preston Stone, the SMU commit, probably swayed him away from us and to the Broncos of University Park. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t my intention. I went wanting to see Stone since he is so highly rated and #11 stood out to me because he has great size. The TE for MCS, #86, was lined up against him and was dwarfed by him. I was intrigued by the grit #86 showed and then later realized who he was facing. 

Maybe their defense could have played better, but on the flip side their were a couple of mistakes that cost Midland Christian.  MCS should have won the game but shot themselves in the foot  

I will say I was pretty disappointed in the actions of some of the Parish Episcopal players after the game. It was a great ball game and hated that it ended in that manner. 
 

I appreciate you coming on here to defend him. Pretty obvious to me that PE does well recruiting. 

Edited by UNTLifer
Link to post
Share on other sites

What were the actions you were disappointed in? I was disappointed that TAPPS has enforced a mask rule & none of the MC parents nor coaches had one on. I was disappointed in the fact that there were MC parents working the chains and not wearing masks on the Parish sideline. This is a Varsity football game. Official referee’s are supposed to be the chain crew. I was disappointed in the fact that MC’s parents booed Parish for not shaking hands after the game because Parish wants to keep their players & coaches safe. I was also disappointed in the fact that no workers in the concession stand had masks on.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldManStrong said:

I’m really not defending him. I’m a trainer of many high school and collegiate athletes and I read a lot of what bloggers have to say, and most of the people making comments have no idea what these athletes have gone through but yet they have very insensitive comments about kids. There are always underlying issues that the general public may not be aware of that put these student athletes in situations beyond their control. So I’m defending the majority of these young athletes, not just Jayden Jones. If I’m going to make comments, they’re going to be supportive.

This is a football forum. People are free to discuss their opinions on football players as long as their comments aren’t personal or demeaning. If saying he “didn’t really deliver” is seen as insensitive, then that’s basically saying any evaluations of a player that aren’t positive are insensitive.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldManStrong said:

What were the actions you were disappointed in? I was disappointed that TAPPS has enforced a mask rule & none of the MC parents nor coaches had one on. I was disappointed in the fact that there were MC parents working the chains and not wearing masks on the Parish sideline. This is a Varsity football game. Official referee’s are supposed to be the chain crew. I was disappointed in the fact that MC’s parents booed Parish for not shaking hands after the game because Parish wants to keep their players & coaches safe. I was also disappointed in the fact that no workers in the concession stand had masks on.

Parish’s motions towards the Midland Christian fans and players post game. Thanks for coming on here and defending Jaylen and your team. I understand your concerns as well and have contacted the school because my son is a student there. Best of luck the remainder of the year. 

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

This is a football forum. People are free to discuss their opinions on football players as long as their comments aren’t personal or demeaning. If saying he “didn’t really deliver” is seen as insensitive, then that’s basically saying any evaluations of a player that aren’t positive are insensitive.

I saw earlier in this post “errors of his ways”

I saw “ “with his track record”........

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Parish’s motions towards the Midland Christian fans and players post game. Thanks for coming on here and defending Jaylen and your team. I understand your concerns as well and have contacted the school because my son is a student there. Best of luck the remainder of the year. 

Again, I’m not just defending Jayden Jones, I’m defending the obvious. I have no qualms with you or anyone else on this forum. What you’re saying about Parish parents & fans goes BOTH Ways. 

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, OldManStrong said:

I saw earlier in this post “errors of his ways”

I saw “ “with his track record”........

The first was tongue in cheek regarding how we feel about smuT

The second was referencing his moving around high schools.

Look, this is a fan message board.  Some of this comes with the territory.  They have one of these for SMU to keep track of Craig James murders.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

The first was tongue in cheek regarding how we feel about smuT

The second was referencing his moving around high schools.

Look, this is a fan message board.  Some of this comes with the territory.  They have one of these for SMU to keep track of Craig James murders.

 

22EBFAA7-7335-4E48-BFA6-835650E9F37C.jpeg

  • Eye Roll 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

The first was tongue in cheek regarding how we feel about smuT

The second was referencing his moving around high schools.

Look, this is a fan message board.  Some of this comes with the territory.  They have one of these for SMU to keep track of Craig James murders.

How anyone feels about another school is one thing, but using a keyboard to go in on kids because they’re not going where you want them to go is kind of lame. What’s wrong with “best of luck” ?????

Again I’ve trained professional athletes to 9 yr old kids. And I’ve seen it on every level. Won’t say it to them face to face, but will on social media.......sad......

  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, OldManStrong said:

How anyone feels about another school is one thing, but using a keyboard to go in on kids because they’re not going where you want them to go is kind of lame. What’s wrong with “best of luck” ?????

Again I’ve trained professional athletes to 9 yr old kids. And I’ve seen it on every level. Won’t say it to them face to face, but will on social media.......sad......

Let it go.  I really don't think I would have the opportunity to say it to his face since I don't know the young man. I hope no ill will towards the young man.

Since you are a trainer of athletes young and old, you've told us that twice now, maybe you could impress upon them the word commitment.  I don't blame this young man for playing the recruiting game.  He obviously has a couple of year's experience doing so, but these kids want all the attention and "the love" but then ask people to "respect their decision."  I am creeping up on old every day, so I was taught that you made a decision and stuck with it, you didn't hedge one until something supposedly better came along and that respect was earned.

As you noted above, I did wish him best of luck.  The comment "commits to smuT.  He's dead to me" is obviously a joke considering the love between the two schools.

I am done discussing it on this board.  If you feel the need, you can use the PM function.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Let it go.  I really don't think I would have the opportunity to say it to his face since I don't know the young man. I hope no ill will towards the young man.

Since you are a trainer of athletes young and old, you've told us that twice now, maybe you could impress upon them the word commitment.  I don't blame this young man for playing the recruiting game.  He obviously has a couple of year's experience doing so, but these kids want all the attention and "the love" but then ask people to "respect their decision."  I am creeping up on old every day, so I was taught that you made a decision and stuck with it, you didn't hedge one until something supposedly better came along and that respect was earned.

As you noted above, I did wish him best of luck.  The comment "commits to smuT.  He's dead to me" is obviously a joke considering the love between the two schools.

I am done discussing it on this board.  If you feel the need, you can use the PM function.

And by the way, I have no I’ll will towards UNT or it’s fans, I train athletes that are currently at UNT AND I’m trying to get some of my trainees an opportunity to play for UNT.

  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.