Jayden Jones: LB Parish Episcopal: 3 star - .8416

UNTLifer

• 2 weeks later...

Added a couple more P5 offers in Colorado and Arizona. Up to 5 total P5 offers now. Gotta be pretty glad we were able to get him sold on us and committed to us so early on, but you have to recruit this guy like he’s your top target going forward, and not just a standard commit who’s just counting down the days to sign.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

How are you not surprised? It’s this generation. They “commit” somewhere and then when they see greener lands they leave for them and are usually not heard from again

Oh, I know the generation.  Sometimes I feel people are thinking all of our commits are just here because they have no other choice.

In all honesty, I am tired of the "form" tweet that says "respect me decision."  Why don't you say that when you commit?  How about honoring a commitment?  Same crap every year with these kids.  Respect is earned and you haven't done that.  People like Christian Lee earn respect by committing, sticking with their commitment and then helping recruit other kids to the program.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 4

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Oh, I know the generation.  Sometimes I feel people are thinking all of our commits are just here because they have no other choice.

In all honesty, I am tired of the "form" tweet that says "respect me decision."  Why don't you say that when you commit?  How about honoring a commitment?  Same crap every year with these kids.  Respect is earned and you haven't done that.  People like Christian Lee earn respect by committing, sticking with their commitment and then helping recruit other kids to the program.

I want more kids like Lee!

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/Jayden-Jones-discusses-decommitment-North-Texas-Mean-Green-football-still-in-hunt-149126091/

Sounds like our top competition right now is Kansas and Colorado and he doesn’t exactly sound like he’s in a hurry to commit anywhere.

The takeaway I left with is he didn’t expect to receive so many offers when he initially committed to us and now that he’s received some P5 offers he wants to leave his commitment open so he can receive as many offers as possible and weigh his options at that point.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...