I am eagerly awaiting

emmitt01

9 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

All of the measured comments from our fans who will swear a road loss to a Rice team (that shot 54% from beyond the arc):

1) spells the end of this season, and 

2) proves McCasland is a bad coach

Can you please let us know his second half record his two seasons here? 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Can you please let us know his second half record his two seasons here? 

If, prior to conference play, I told you we would be 8-2 this point in conference you would sitting in a corner busier than a Texas Tech bell ringer. One game and you are so predictable. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 5

9 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Can I cite for you a single game in each of those seasons, or would you prefer a larger sample size?  

Last season conference 8-10. 2-7 in the second half.

2017-18

8-10 in conference. Also end of the season fade.

It would be great if Mac corrects the course this year but he doesn’t have the history here yet.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

The past two years, we won our tenth conference game so maybe this is a change. Who knows until you play the games. I think this team is different. They just have a different feel. 

That’s what I’ve been saying all year! I don’t know how to word it, but it doesn’t feel like teams in the past several years

• Eye Roll 2

12 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

That’s what I’ve been saying all year! I don’t know how to word it, but it doesn’t feel like teams in the past several years

I hope you guys are right. But given the last two seasons I am in a wait and see mode until they prove that they can sustain towards the end of the season.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Last season conference 8-10. 2-7 in the second half.

2017-18

8-10 in conference. Also end of the season fade.

It would be great if Mac corrects the course this year but he doesn’t have the history here yet.

you aren't supposed to answer your own question...but ya needed to this time since no one else would.  

hope mac changes course this year

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NM Green said:

We need the one seed at Frisco. I want that center to be packed with mean green fans going crazy!

for the team and conference we need a strong showing and deep run!

gmg

i want the 1 seed for the guaranteed NIT bid in case something bad happens in Frisco

• Upvote 3

A loss to Rice is a bit of surprise but they played us tough here.   It just seems at UNT we get it going the crowd starts getting better we have a loss like this (football, basketball).   I know we as fan need to show up to every game but the casual, bandwagon fan will not.  I love to go to the games at the pit when we have a good crowd it is totally different place.

This team will bounce back but will the fans.  I will be at the next game and be yelling" get out of reserved seat".  

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

This was my biggest concern about the week off.  We were on such a roll, you almost didn't want to stop playing.  After they found their groove in the second half, I thought, here we go, the team is back on track.  We had some bad possessions, Rice got hot at the same time and the game got away from us.  It happens.  Had a feeling the week was going to cool off a hot team.  Let's find the magic again against Middle and run the table.  They've proven they are capable.  

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, keith said:

This was my biggest concern about the week off.  We were on such a roll, you almost didn't want to stop playing.  After they found their groove in the second half, I thought, here we go, the team is back on track.  We had some bad possessions, Rice got hot at the same time and the game got away from us.  It happens.  Had a feeling the week was going to cool off a hot team.  Let's find the magic again against Middle and run the table.  They've proven they are capable.  

This.  Zach had a monster game against Rice the first time around and seemed to barely touch the ball this game.  I am sure Rice made adjustments, but I think Zach needs to be a little stronger in the paint and each possession he should have at least one touch.  The week off did come at a bad time, but I like how this team doesn't seem to get too high or too low.  They just stay after it and I think this will serve us well the remainder of the season.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

This.  Zach had a monster game against Rice the first time around and seemed to barely touch the ball this game.  I am sure Rice made adjustments, but I think Zach needs to be a little stronger in the paint and each possession he should have at least one touch.  The week off did come at a bad time, but I like how this team doesn't seem to get too high or too low.  They just stay after it and I think this will serve us well the remainder of the season.

I agree completely. Also, at the end of the UTEP game you could see some fatigue in Hamlet and Gibson because they play the most minutes. I think if we would’ve just had Rice Wednesday and Saturday (like WKU Marshall) we would’ve done better.

• Upvote 1