My National Signing Day Prediction

TheReal_jayD

1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

My Prediction for National Signing Day

https://247sports.com/Player/Branard-Wright-46037340/

https://247sports.com/Player/Jonathan-Pickett-46047150/

Juco OT (We have one visiting this weekend) I will announce name when I get the go ahead. We are going head to head with Conference Mate.

If we sign those 3 we will move to first in 247 Conference rankings

I don't think we will sign one on NSD. But a JUCO or Transfer QB will be added as well.

I would think this would be a successful NSD

57678dcef976574628f51f05944cda9a.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, GBarksdale said:

Hope you're right!  But looking at their offers on 247, it doesn't look like we're in the running.  Am I missing something?

Yes.  If I understand correctly, both Wright and Pickett were late qualifiers and those terrific offers had dried up.  We came in at the right time.

• Upvote 2

As much as we've drooled over Wright's offer list and past 24/7 ratings (https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Branard-Wright-at-Carter-197440/RecruitRankHistory/)...
At one point, Pickett was rated even higher according to 24/7!  (https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Jonathan-Pickett-at-Desert-Pines-210558/RecruitRankHistory/)

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

There's gotta' be some benefit to Wright in that he can play close to home, right? 

Would be true for BU and mostly for Ark. too.

Not trying to stir the pot here... promise... BUT...

Why is playing close to home something we think kids want? Yeah, I am sure it is something their parents want so they can see them play... but from what I remember and most kids I talk to now... going off to college away from home is a big draw.  

Just curious if I am missing something. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

Why is playing close to home something we think kids want? Yeah, I am sure it is something their parents want so they can see them play... but from what I remember and most kids I talk to now... going off to college away from home is a big draw.  

I generally think for most kids they want to “go off” to college, but not so far that their family and friends can’t come watch them play.  
Denton - too close for most

Dallas - borderline

outside the metroplex - I’m far enough away from mom and dad but close enough to see them and them see me when the time arises

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

Some kids do, and some don't.  Each one is different. 
Some kids prioritize family and want to stay at least somewhat close (South Dallas to Denton is still ~45 min away).  While some want to get out and see the world & be independent.
The former is why I chose North Texas over UT & Tech.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

I generally think for most kids they want to “go off” to college, but not so far that their family and friends can’t come watch them play.  
Denton - too close for most

Dallas - borderline

outside the metroplex - I’m far enough away from mom and dad but close enough to see them and them see me when the time arises

I always hear athletes in DFW wanting to get out. Seeing Cobbs go to UTSA was the least surprising 

not an athlete, but my kid is staying around town and attending twu next year...really bummed...wanted her to go far away and experience life more than being 20 mins from home to where she can get anything she needs from us and not have to rely on herself.

• Lovely Take 1