How are feeling about next season?

southsideguy

I really at loss about next years team.  I am thinking if we get to 6-6 it will be a good year.  Our OC schedule is not going to help us for sure.

As my coach once said it is offense and defense working together.  If the defense holds them to less points than our offense scores we win.  Even in high school I found that speech interesting....lol.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I really at loss about next years team.  I am thinking if we get to 6-6 it will be a good year.  Our OC schedule is not going to help us for sure.

As my coach once said it is offense and defense working together.  If the defense holds them to less points than our offense scores we win.  Even in high school I found that speech interesting....lol.

I think getting to 5-7 will be an achievement. Breaking in two new coordinators (again) and losing your star QB isn't a real positive to look forward to with a schedule that is harder than we have seen in a while. In reality, we have 3 teams on our schedule that I think we will beat--Houston Baptist, UTEP, and UTSA. After that, I'd love to see us steal a win or two out of Rice, Charlotte, and MUTS. The rest of the schedule is filled with teams that are just much bigger than us on the lines, which isn't how you want to break in a brand new QB. 

I really fear what is going to happen to us in the 3 OOC games versus SMU, UH, and A&M. We could very easily get killed against all of them and the physicality that I saw UH roll with in Denton last year scares the $hit outta me for our guys going down there this year. Their front seven basically played fullback in our backfield all night. Mason literally ran and threw for his life--what does that look like when a new QB rolls behind center? And SMU has Buechele back and Dykes is still their coach--that is a lethal combo for our defense right now. And, obviously, at A&M is about paying the bills, so just hope and pray we don't get a lot of injuries in this game and that the check clears. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

The next two seasons will likely both be rebuilding years.  In some ways, even this past season was an early rebuilding phase, as evidenced by the fact that outside of Fine, Hamilton, and a few talented running backs, we really struggled against any team with a pulse.  

Next season will be much the same but without Fine and Hamilton, and those losses (especially the former) will probably drop our win total from 4 to 2-3.  Not only will we almost assuredly lose all of our non-conference games against FBS opponents, but in all reality they will probably be blowouts.  

I hope I'm way off on all this...

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

I think this year is a write off performance wise. It's got rebuilding written all over it. New staff new players.

As much as I've been against coach mumbles, he did clean house and he's got his own plan, and like it or not he's here for another few years. I'm keeping the faith and will be there/watching each game no matter the odds.

Still, not nearly where I thought we'd be at this point. Not remotely close for the 2 million dollar man.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• All About UNT changed the title to How are feeling about next season?

I’m feeling pretty good about next this next football season, and I don’t know why lol. I feel that we will have a better win column next year compared to this past year. 

Oddly I’m excited for our offense. I think our running backs will be our savior for the first few games... until Tate is able to spend more game time with our QB’s. Our run game will be solid all year assuming we’re injury free  

I’m still on the jury with the defense. I’m curious to know what formation Bowen will use. If Bowen is about to play to our strengths I think it could be a fun year... we have some young studs itching for playing time. 

If we're only two or three wins that puts us at the same level as UTSA/UTEP and those games could be a toss up. 

But from the looks I'm thinking this team will be better than everyone thinks and could hit 6 wins. Aune is my pick at the moment. He just seems more at ease in the position..plus threw two nice TD's coming in for Fine after Bean had been pulled.

11 hours ago, NTSU52 said:

That Out of Conference schedule is a really tough one. We have a chance to make a statement if we keep TAMU/SMU/UH close, and maybe even snag a win. If we lose to HBU however...

Talk about GMG blowing up... this website would crash😂

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2020 at 5:22 PM, wardly said:

Usually you "rebuild" after an 8&4 record when your star QB graduates,  not a 4&8 season. After this year I don't  know what to expect.

Exactly. I bet my Season Tix are 20 bucks less total than last year😂 I wouldn’t bet about the record till early Summer