Ladies at UTEP

Venson

Were up 13-7 at the end of one. The worst play by play announcers ever. They have called us Rice, called Mims Sims, called Coach Mitchell, Jale, Mims is not even in the game and he called Char Shephard Mims. LOL. Just horrible.

Edited by Venson
Spelling
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Venson said:

I am watching the women play UTEP and just saw that they have three bench players available. How are they going to make it with that many players out? Callie Owens traveled with the team, but she is in street clothes.

I think she has been dealing with some sort of injury? She came out of the locker room one time with something around her lower back?

Give UTEP credit for having one of the worst basketball productions anywhere.

Announcers who were severely challenged with identifying players, calling plays correctly or relying referees calls. 

Replaying every score over, this used to be common but haven't seen it in a couple of years.  People are watching the game they don't need to see what they just saw, and miss the current action to do it. 

Add some strange audio mishaps.

I expect better even from UTEP.

Mitchell again gives fans plenty of reasons to doubt her merit.  Boyd and Jackson are horrible shooters.  NT must play them, but they can't  shoot at either distance or driving the ball. I also wonder why George sit on the bench at much as she did.  With only 8 players, it seems you would want your best one to be on the court longer. 

Did see both George and Shepard on court together at end of game, a look that NT should use more.   Towney, Shepard and George are all good players, jettison that 4 guard lineup and play two bigs.   

• Upvote 3