Branard Wright DT Dallas Carter 2020

TheReal_jayD

He has gone pretty silent on social media about recruiting, I'm guessing right around the time his qualification status came into question so it's hard to follow, but have we actually offered?  He has never posted anything from us, and nothing is shown on recruiting sites.  I know that doesn't rule anything out, but you would think if he was seriously considering UNT he would have said at least one thing.

Reality here is that a kid who at one point was down to schools like A&M, Clemson, LSU and Bama would likely only come to UNT if we were one of the only ones giving him a chance.  It sounds like for a little while that may have been the case, but if he can get a P5 school to take a shot I think he's gone.  Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Just now, UNT18Grad said:

He has gone pretty silent on social media about recruiting, I'm guessing right around the time his qualification status came into question so it's hard to follow, but have we actually offered?  He has never posted anything from us, and nothing is shown on recruiting sites.  I know that doesn't rule anything out, but you would think if he was seriously considering UNT he would have said at least one thing.

Reality here is that a kid who at one point was down to schools like A&M, Clemson, LSU and Bama would likely only come to UNT if we were one of the only ones giving him a chance.  It sounds like for a little while that may have been the case, but if he can get a P5 school to take a shot I think he's gone.  Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Hopefully he will look back and see how the other schools backed away and how Seth and crew stayed.

Tin foil hat time- Coach Littrell posted "Go Mean Green" on Twitter Sunday night, this tweet was "liked" by Jonathan Pickett (DE who had some P5 offers fall through and was also visiting this weekend), maybe one or both of these guys committed over the weekend?  Coach usually doesn't just randomly say something like that and most of his tweets are tied to recruiting in some way.  Wishful thinking?

Edit- Here's what Walerius had to say after the weekend..as well as retweeting the mentioned tweet from HC.  The hype is real.

Edited by UNT18Grad
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

SFA 1 UNT 0 ugh

Wow.  Yes, this has to be grades, so putting SFA 1, UNT 0 isn't accurate.  Kind of surprised he didn't go the JUCO route so he could transfer if he gets his grades in order.  For his sake, I hope he qualifies and gets an education.

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

I was watching Last Chance U and to see that some of the players that go to Georgia Tech and other schools (which I have always thought was a pretty good school) is so wild.  This poor kids have played football and been passed  along the way in high school.  They are no where near where they need to be academically to enter college.  I give a lot of credit for the teachers trying to help them at the JUCO level.  Texas football needs to worry about the kids education because not many will make it to the NFL and if they do make how long will they be there?   Their education is the future.  

BTW the former head coach is a caveman, he wants his players to change but he won't change his approach to the game.  

• Upvote 1