Branard Wright DT Dallas Carter 2020

TheReal_jayD

1 hour ago, SigmaGreen said:

Just bc I’m curious, how does a kid with those offers and size not be rated a 5*? Do grades come into play on these and if they will actually make it to college?

You can always find several 3-star players with a good number of top offers.  Coaching staffs can sometimes see something 24/7 and Rivals analysts don't.

Just 10 months ago these were his top schools, would have to be one of the more high profile recruits to ever visit no?  Also, I always forget but if we sign him and he isn't able to show up because of grades that scholarship is gone forever right?  Either way this is one that is absolutely worth the risk in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, UNT18Grad said:
I always forget but if we sign him and he isn't able to show up because of grades that scholarship is gone forever right?

As far as the 25 scholarship limit for the 2020 class, that's correct.  But that would not affect the overall 85 scholarship limit.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

• Harry featured this topic
22 hours ago, SigmaGreen said:

Any other recruits with him? Did it appear as if they were enjoying the time at UNT? Wonder if he will commit before leaving?

Couldn't really tell. One of our coaches (I think) was sitting behind him and he may have had some family/friends sitting with him. I tried not to stare, I just caught a glimpse of him as I walked up the stairs. I had read JD's post from earlier in the day that he would be here for a visit and I couldn't help but notice his red warm ups in a midst of green. On my way back, I tried not to be obvious, but did take another look. I wanted so badly to speak briefly and say something like, "hey big fella, we sure need ya, " but didn't. I didn't want to come across borish or desperate. He left sometime during halftime. I'm glad we had a (relatively) good crowd and that we we're winning.