UTEP (1/25/20)

CMJ

13 hours ago, drex said:

Simplistically, the upper deck holds about 4,000 and the lower area holds about 6,000....you do the math.

This is helpful info. Unfortunately this forum is a chronic over estimator of butts in seats. If you watch the highlights there are a TON of empty seats in the lower bowl. I’m not trying to disparage the crowd. The atmosphere was the best of the year (other than probably OU). But the arena wasn’t 40% full last night and we have to do better. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 3

Just now, greenjoe said:

If the student section turnout was as good as the UTEP turnout the Bottom bowl would have been full. 

I wish they would keep the upper bowl closed until the lower bowl was filled.

Beat Rice.

GO MEAN GREEN

Agreed. I also wish the student sections were on both ends. The band plays behind the goal and then the two sections directly beside it are for students and then the same on the opposite end. It would really help fill out those camera shots during free throws and hopefully affect the opposing team some. 

• Upvote 3