UTEP (1/25/20)

CMJ

35 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Is student turnout dropping because tuition costs are rising?

Gotta work to get that money.

Flash your ID, get in free. I would think free entertainment with the chance to win cash would bring them all out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Eagle71 said:

"This is the worst damn place in the world to play basketball! This place is a snake pit!" – Drake coach Maury John, after a double-overtime loss to North Texas

Photo 1969. The Snake Pit. Crowd 4,500+.  NTSU enrollment - 15,024.  "WELCOME TO THE PIT"  It was ROCKIN'!

5,000 Super Pit Challenge!  Make it the next worst damn place in the world to play basketball!

NTSU basketball game 1969 Snake Pitjpg.jpg

Well, I shall respectfully disagree with Drake Head Coach Maury John. That is the first place I ever saw a basketball game and it was a blast. Loved the Pit. I remember they would hand out these clickers that made it even louder. Great memories. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Crowd takes forever to build and no time at all to implode. 

Considering it’s 10 minutes before tip off ad the student section has about 28 people in it and maybe 1k here (maybe) we won’t be hitting close to 6k. Even 2k at this point would be nice. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

They are giving away more cash today and still no students. They need to figure something out.  Not only monitoring seats to ensure students actually sit in that section but also show up. We had season tickets even when I was in college right at mid court row G but I would still sit my buddies in the student section even if it was at the top because it was full. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Considering it’s 10 minutes before tip off ad the student section has about 28 people in it and maybe 1k here (maybe) we won’t be hitting close to 6k. Even 2k at this point would be nice. 

Just wait to see what happens to the crowds whenever we lose a game. Just one game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

What has Draper done to get all these minutes lately? I’m not saying I don’t like him or that he is bad, but Smart is hardly getting any minutes now. 

Edit... ok with that crazy catch and falling pass along with the charge he just drew I can see why he is in haha. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Hate to admit it but the UTEP unis are great. 

I think ours need to be updated. Oh whatever god forbid the basketball team gets new uniforms. They’ve had these home whites forever. Take your eye roll back to the 3rd grade 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Eye Roll 2