Boise State To The AAC?

DeepGreen

13 minutes ago, wardly said:

La. Tech will NEVER be in same conference as ULM. They turned down invitation to Independence Bowl in Shreveport a few years ago to avoid playing the Warhawks and sat at home. We could add New Mexico State instead of ULM, which would give us 6 teams that won a total of less than 20 football games last year, plus hope that La. Tech,ULL, Ark. St. ,USM , and 2 of the 3 Alabama teams join in.I think that might be a hard sale, as there are Southeastern programs while Texas and New Mexico are Southwestern. ULM needs to forced to drop back to 1AA based upon their budget. Again, we are merging Sears with K Mart.

Then we get, with all due respect to being a laughable situation, where UTEP has the same thoughts towards NMSU as LaTech does towards ULM. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Then we get, with all due respect to being a laughable situation, where UTEP has the same thoughts towards NMSU as LaTech does towards ULM. 

Then let La Tech go independent and see how awesome that is for looking down at ULM. La Tech doesn't have budget that allows them to act like they are some kind of SMU-type to look down at anybody.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Well, you are probably correct, although I thought New Mexico was the problem for the Aggies, not UTEP. Oh well......

On 1/28/2020 at 10:34 AM, Mean Green 93-98 said:

We laugh at the AAC's claims to "P6," because they're not there.  But it's clear that they aspire to be.  While Boise State doesn't bring a huge TV market, they would unquestionably increase the legitimacy of the AAC as a football conference.

About half of this statement is true. We may not be p6 but the top half of the conference can play with just about anyone. Keep in mind that both the PAC and ACC are P5 conferences. Yet they have some of the crappiest football outside of 1 or 2 teams!  As far as Boise is concerned: 

Keep laughing. Lol

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Isn't that exactly what I said--that adding Boise State would add football legitimacy?  Your Cougar High education is showing itself.

Seriously dude? Cougar High? Chill. You're not a Longhorn or an Aggie so I dont understand the reason for just tossing that around as if to suggest Unt is in that club. It's not. It's a fine arts school, not a engineering or business school like UH for crying out loud. Some of you guys wanted to get into UT and A&M and had to settle for UNT and that's fine; but don't pretend you can just call Houston Cougar High when it's not y'alls thing. It's the most wannabe-ish thing I've seen in a while. 

Regarding the post...he/she admitted that the AAC is not a P6 without Boise but more of a P5.5. I also don't think he's trolling. Seems like a guy who takes pride in the conference as he should. I don't understand the hostility. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, AACP6 said:

Seriously dude? Cougar High? Chill. You're not a Longhorn or an Aggie so I dont understand the reason for just tossing that around as if to suggest Unt is in that club. It's not. It's a fine arts school, not a engineering or business school like UH for crying out loud. Some of you guys wanted to get into UT and A&M and had to settle for UNT and that's fine; but don't pretend you can just call Houston Cougar High when it's not y'alls thing. It's the most wannabe-ish thing I've seen in a while. 

Regarding the post...he/she admitted that the AAC is not a P6 without Boise but more of a P5.5. I also don't think he's trolling. Seems like a guy who takes pride in the conference as he should. I don't understand the hostility. 

Cougar High...embrace it.

Real nice part of town, too...

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

48 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Cougar High...embrace it.

Real nice part of town, too...

Lol you're right. The 3rd ward is real nice for those who aren't chicken sh*ts. Hope to see all you Lornhorn and Aggie tshirt fans at TDECU this fall. Don't be scared, it's no more of a threat than the meth heads that run all over little ole Denton. 

Edited by AACP6
  • Downvote 5

6 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I can’t believe you idiots are getting in a pissing match with UH. 

Hey man at least they're replying and not voicing their disagreements by hiding behind the anonymity of downvotes. What's even more funny is that we've embraced the UNT fans who come to our board who have disagreements. Some folks here immediately go to name calling and hostility. It's rather childish and unbecoming of a group of people who claim others are trolling. Pot meet kettle. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

44 minutes ago, AACP6 said:

Hey man at least they're replying and not voicing their disagreements by hiding behind the anonymity of downvotes. What's even more funny is that we've embraced the UNT fans who come to our board who have disagreements. Some folks here immediately go to name calling and hostility. It's rather childish and unbecoming of a group of people who claim others are trolling. Pot meet kettle. 

Honesty downvotes would make more sense than openly trashing what UH has accomplished recently and the rep of the AAC. I dislike both but I have to admit UH and the AAC are kicking our ass. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

Honesty downvotes would make more sense than openly trashing what UH has accomplished recently and the rep of the AAC. I dislike both but I have to admit UH and the AAC are kicking our ass. 

Thanks for being civil. I just wanted to join some more expansion talk and people started throwing fecal matter everywhere. 😂 I will say when I visited Apogee last year most unt fans were pleasant. I'm smart enough to know this board doesn't reflect the entire population of unt supporters. Hope y'all win every game except the one in The Cage. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

9 hours ago, AACP6 said:

Methinks thou dost protest too much.

It's not as though I came up with the designation "Cougar High" myself.  I simply used the reference to take a lighthearted jab at someone who potentially reflected poorly upon his alma mater.  Your response indicates that, no, his limited discernment is just par for the course for what, I'm sure, is a very nice college.

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, AACP6 said:

Yea, seriously. Some UH douchebag comes in here with that screen name deserves to be called out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, AACP6 said:

Lol you're right. The 3rd ward is real nice for those who aren't chicken sh*ts. Hope to see all you Lornhorn and Aggie tshirt fans at TDECU this fall. Don't be scared, it's no more of a threat than the meth heads that run all over little ole Denton. 

Typical Houston fan.  Lived there for 5 years and they have more animosity towards Dallas and DFW than anywhere I have seen.  Outside of that, good people and crappy weather.  I still can't figure out why you all are on our fan board the end of January.  Go tell someone else that King isn't transferring and Holgorsen is the answer.  I have watched both games at Apogee and have found Houston fans to be pretty douchey as a whole.  The only reason I can figure you are here on our little fan board is that you are tired of UofH taking a backseat in your hometown to UT, LSU and A&M.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Typical Houston fan.  Lived there for 5 years and they have more animosity towards Dallas and DFW than anywhere I have seen.  Outside of that, good people and crappy weather.  I still can't figure out why you all are on our fan board the end of January.  Go tell someone else that King isn't transferring and Holgorsen is the answer.  I have watched both games at Apogee and have found Houston fans to be pretty douchey as a whole.  The only reason I can figure you are here on our little fan board is that you are tired of UofH taking a backseat in your hometown to UT, LSU and A&M.

UH fans think they run the AAC and most of the state of Texas😂 Some nice words will be said at TEDTalk Stadium this coming season

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, AACP6 said:

not a engineering or business school like UH

Damn, did I miss the memo?  Last I checked Univ of North Texas had a School of Engineering.  And I received my business degree from North Texas  many years ago.  Did they close the School of Business down and I didn't know about it?

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Damn, did I miss the memo?  Last I checked Univ of North Texas had a School of Engineering.  And I received my business degree from North Texas  many years ago.  Did they close the School of Business down and I didn't know about it?

Being a school with a program and being a school known for something or a premier program at that particular school are two different things. 

• Downvote 5

12 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

No one in Houston cares about DFW like that man. Are you being serious right now? The best thing to come out of DFW is vanilla ice and it's been a minute. No one is worried about Horn, LSU or A&M. They're big brands I'll admit , but its Houston; I'd expect people to move to the business capital of texas after they graduate.

I landed on this board by searching "Boise State to the AAC" on Google. And after hours(hyperbole)down the rabbit hole I found this little gem. I didnt come over to measure penises but some of you can't help but start crap and deserve the retaliation. I mean seriously, you call out houston fans for animosity and the first thing you do is go wild on a person who doesn't share all of your views on the AAC. For the Eagles without this false sense of persecution and unwarranted hostility, you're always welcome on our boards. 

The Holgerson and King thing is in the past for me. Sucks it didn't work out, but I'm truly unbothered by it. Some Coogs are still stuck on it but I've moved on. Plenty of talent on the roster to have a good season. At least better than the 4-8 record last year.  😂

*exhale*

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, AACP6 said:

Being a school with a program and being a school known for something or a premier program at that particular school are two different things. 

That's funny.  I was in the business world (Houston Gulf Coast area) for nearly all of my adult like, but never met one single person with a business degree from cougar high.  Oops!  Did I say that.  Seriously, not one!

BTW, my wife went to UH for two years and received her teaching degree from u of h.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, AACP6 said:

No one in Houston cares about DFW like that man. Are you being serious right now? The best thing to come out of DFW is vanilla ice and it's been a minute. 

Yep, I am serious and your second sentence confirms it.  

Oh, and the P6 claim is hilarious.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, AACP6 said:

Which one of UH's programs are considered premier?  Honestly, and I am not saying this to dig at you, but I have been in business for almost 30 years.  Outside of my 5 years in Houston, I have never run across a UH graduate.  It appears UH draws mainly from the Houston area and those grads stay in that market.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

That's funny.  I was in the business world (Houston Gulf Coast area) for nearly all of my adult like, but never met one single person with a business degree from cougar high.  Oops!  Did I say that.  Seriously, not one!

BTW, my wife went to UH for two years and received her teaching degree from u of h.

A bit biased in your response. If you'd lived in the city for that long you'd know about C.T. Bauer. I think its ranked 65 among public universities. Maybe premier was a stretch but that wasn't my intention. Bauer is a good school and Cullen College of Engineering is breaking the top 50 soon. These are the programs the school is known for. But if you ask anyone about unt and they'll tell you they immediately think of fine arts. That's what i ment by premier program. Not anything to do with rankings.

28 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Which one of UH's programs are considered premier?  Honestly, and I am not saying this to dig at you, but I have been in business for almost 30 years.  Outside of my 5 years in Houston, I have never run across a UH graduate.  It appears UH draws mainly from the Houston area and those grads stay in that market.

Not dig taken. C.T. Bauer is the premier program IMO. Not saying it's the best in the country just stating that's what we're known for. We also have a medical school coming. 

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/university-of-houston-3652

And I hope UH draws from Houston. Lol that would be embarrassing if we couldn't. I think most stay because of the 20 Fortune 500 companies in the area and of course we're a wide spread city with more job opportunities than you could ever apply for. 

We can debate about the p6 thing all day. I don't think we are but half of the conference is legit. Much like the big 12 , pac 12, or ACC. You take away 3 teams from either of those conferences and you get some really terrible football. 

Edited by AACP6