Next up for Master Plan?

TheColonyEagle

1 hour ago, MeanGreen13 said:

I belive Golf is next! The Bruzzy practice joint or something like that. 

The next big thing on the agenda is updating and greatly increasing the size of the weight room and athletic center.  However, someone came in with a big check and the golf team is getting bumped to the head of the line.  That's how these things work to some extent. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3

Couple of projects I have heard being mentioned...yes, next up "larger" project if the expansion of the athletic office area to include more weight room space, some new Club Seat type seats and expanded office space.

A "smaller"project I was told about recently involves building a tailgate area for RV's/Campers across the street on Bonnie Brae from the mail Apogee entrance in the field where the team/players currently park on game days. Complete with paving, electrical hook-ups, etc. 

For those looking for a center court for tennis or indoor courts...not on the near horizon at this point in the planning stages.

Bruzzy's golf practice facility also getting attention.

• Upvote 4

On 1/25/2020 at 9:18 PM, southsideguy said:

How about an new arena for the e-sports teams or they will they get the pit when the new basketball arena is built?

Hmmmm...E-Sports (not sports but gamming) is under Student Affairs, not Athletics, so highly doubtful they would be on the Athletic Department's radar screen.  But, since the Super Pit is not part of the Athletic Department's facilities, when the new "Super Pit" is built gamers doing E-Sports could certainly utilize the place.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

2 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Couple of projects I have heard being mentioned...yes, next up "larger" project if the expansion of the athletic office area to include more weight room space, some new Club Seat type seats and expanded office space.

A "smaller"project I was told about recently involves building a tailgate area for RV's/Campers across the street on Bonnie Brae from the mail Apogee entrance in the field where the team/players currently park on game days. Complete with paving, electrical hook-ups, etc. 

For those looking for a center court for tennis or indoor courts...not on the near horizon at this point in the planning stages.

Bruzzy's golf practice facility also getting attention.

Construction on Buzzy’s golf starts in the next week or so according to JM

• Upvote 1

Anyone else notice how tired our video boards are looking these days?  Surely Wren & Co. have taken notice and can't be happy with this busted look either. (Photo was taken at the UAB game on 11/30/19) 

I rewatched the Master Plan video and it shows 4 videos boards in the corners of Apogee. Looking forward to the much needed upgrade. Let's make it happen ASAP.

IMG_0168.jpg.d70679b7cf8abef4f704953f2e06d7e4.jpg

Apogee Stadium.PNG

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, C Rod said:

Anyone else notice how tired our video boards are looking these days?  Surely Wren & Co. have taken notice and can't be happy with this busted look either. (Photo was taken at the UAB game on 11/30/19) 

I rewatched the Master Plan video and it shows 4 videos boards in the corners of Apogee. Looking forward to the much needed upgrade. Let's make it happen ASAP.

Apogee Stadium.PNG

Man, we can’t even fill up the stands in our own renderings. Damn.  

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Travis said:

Man, we can’t even fill up the stands in our own renderings. Damn.  

A lot of people milling about the tail section concourse, entering on the student side and traffic backed up on Bonnie Brae due to the slow entry to the Red/Blue lot.  I think it will fill by the end of the first quarter.🙏

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, C Rod said:

Apogee Stadium.PNG

Do you have a link to the Master Plan Video?

Maybe the four "little" videoboards would be "just O.K." for a temporary fix while the AC expansion takes place, etc.  What needs to be done is dismantle the "wing zone" and complete the lower bowl like it should have been done originally.  Then place a large video board on top of the completed bowl end zone.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5