IPF QUESTION

El Paso Eagle

The reason I asked is yesterday on one of the local sports talk shows they were talking about the situation in the Mountain West and possible teams that could be added. 

The host brought up UNT because of the overall success and more importantly the upgrade in all facilities and the IPF. The only thing that pissed me off was one he said in referring to the IPF was that they just opened "a bubble." 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

The reason I asked is yesterday on one of the local sports talk shows they were talking about the situation in the Mountain West and possible teams that could be added. 

The host brought up UNT because of the overall success and more importantly the upgrade in all facilities and the IPF. The only thing that pissed me off was one he said in referring to the IPF was that they just opened "a bubble." 

Definitely NOT a bubble

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

He's hosted to afternoon show for at least 20 years. As far as local shows, IMO he does a really good job.

In El Paso, I assume.  That would explain why I haven't heard of him.  I was thinking this was a DFW station.  Carry on.

Image result for emily litella never mind gif

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Update - I messaged the host yesterday. I think he was getting it mixed with the plan that shows a "prefabricated" cover/building for the tennis courts. He knew about the IPF, he was referencing how UNT is investing in facilities and others have taken notice.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3

Please no to MWC. Not that we are offered or anything. We can't win where we are at and it doesn't help recruiting going out west. We had that problem in the 90s. The travel sucks. Recruits can't watch you at away games nor can your players families. I get MWC is a better conference but losing out west a lot and painful recruitment is awful.

• Ray 1
  • Downvote 3

Just now, UNTexas said:

Please no to MWC. Not that we are offered or anything. We can't win where we are at and it doesn't help recruiting going out west. We had that problem in the 90s. The travel sucks. Recruits can't watch you at away games nor can your players families. I get MWC is a better conference but losing out west a lot and painful recruitment is awful.

Travel sucks but with social media and the way CFB media coverage has blown up on TV, the landscape is vastly different.  Any observations from from the 1990s needs to be taken with a grain of salt.  It's been 30 years - THIRTY YEARS - since 1990.

7 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

Yes seems to really hurt CSU when they come to DFW and multiple recruits. 

• Eye Roll 1

9 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

Yea, would really hate to be the part of their TV deal