UTSA (1/23/20)

UNTLifer

5 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

The stat that jumps off the sheet for me is North Texas only had 4 turnovers.

That is another thing that makes Hamlet so strong.  He plays heavy minutes at the point and rarely has any turnovers.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

2nd best crowd of the year at 3.1k, and there is no reason 5-6 even 7k should be the attendance for UTEP!!!!!!

Also, I’m so glad we have Hamlet and Mo for another year, and Jackson and Wallace will be gone😂

I thought Jackson was a junior. 

36 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

2nd best crowd of the year at 3.1k, and there is no reason 5-6 even 7k should be the attendance for UTEP!!!!!!

Was impressed by the student attendance tonight vs the 25 to 30 of them that were there on Monday.  Not sure if it was because they were literally throwing money in the air at one point in the student section, or if someone told them how well MBB is doing.  Hope they show on Saturday!

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

49 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Also, I’m so glad we have Hamlet and Mo for another year, and Jackson and Wallace will be gone😂

They are both juniors are they not....

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Was impressed by the student attendance tonight vs the 25 to 30 of them that were there on Monday.  Not sure if it was because they were literally throwing money in the air at one point in the student section, or if someone told them how well MBB is doing.  Hope they show on Saturday!

Last step is actually have the workers monitor the seat so students sit in their designated section... 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 5

11 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Look who just showed up... 😶

Stadium broadcaster actually did a brief interview with Johnny Jones. Of course, they had to ask what he thought about LSU National Championship...

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Look who just showed up... 😶

20200123_193949.jpg

FYI:

Air gun/pellet gun hunting was illegal in Texas until 2014. Squirrels are considered a game animal in Texas so killing them can be considered "game hunting" with an air gun if the authorities want to be tough about it. That said, Texas law does recognize "nuisance fur-bearing animals" which includes squirrels

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/regs/counties/denton/#squirrel

They are in season year round in Denton County.  Just sayin'

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

20 hours ago, Andrew said:

Last step is actually have the workers monitor the seat so students sit in their designated section... 

I've been sitting in 120 for most of the season just buying the tickets per game.  Two kids were in my seat last night, and they moved themselves over to season ticket holder seats when I asked them to find other seats.  The attendant, one of the same I see during football season in the Hub Club, came up and told them they could stay unless the season tix holders showed up.  I was a bit shocked by that.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I've been sitting in 120 for most of the season just buying the tickets per game.  Two kids were in my seat last night, and they moved themselves over to season ticket holder seats when I asked them to find other seats.  The attendant, one of the same I see during football season in the Hub Club, came up and told them they could stay unless the season tix holders showed up.  I was a bit shocked by that.

That has run so many people off from season tickets and from games. My sons best friends father works for the city and he said two guys he works with Gabe up season tickets and don’t even attend anymore (minus the OU game and a few non con games like that) because it wasn’t worth paying for seats students can just walk into for free. It is a bit frustrating. We have had season tickets for like 25 years and don’t plan on giving them up but something has to change next season. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

On 1/23/2020 at 10:33 PM, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Way many more students than 25-30 at the Monday game.  They were just sitting everywhere in the arena, so no real impact.  By setting the student section back up for the Thursday game (for the money shot I assume) more students sat together and you could see a bit of impact...visually and audibly. They will do the money shot again for Saturday's game so look for a bit of student turnout as well.

Very pleased that they "re-established" the student section, and I certainly hope they keep it and start promoting for more students to attend and sit in that designated student section. When full, the noise and energy generated by that section adds a lot to the game atmosphere and helps the home court advantage. Why  that section was ever "dismantled" is beyond me, but at least someone has seen fit to bring it back. I certainly hope it stays and grows. Exciting and winning basketball certainly helps.

And, let us not forget the impact they can have on the opposing team's players, coaches and bench.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Talked to Josh White at the UTSA game.  He was saying how important the crowd and especially the “Pit Crew” was to the success of the team. Students need to step up. Won’t forget how the kids behind the visitor’s bench got in the player’s and coach’s heads. Wild  and crazy!

GMG!

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, NTEdgex2 said:

Talked to Josh White at the UTSA game.  He was saying how important the crowd and especially the “Pit Crew” was to the success of the team. Students need to step up. Won’t forget how the kids behind the visitor’s bench got in the player’s and coach’s heads. Wild  and crazy!

GMG!

i was one of those wild and crazy pit crew from 07-10... i was right behind the visitor bench wearing a big green afro! we said so many things to visitors, many things i can not repeat here lol

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1