UTSA (1/23/20)

UNTLifer

22 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Way many more students than 25-30 at the Monday game.  They were just sitting everywhere in the arena, so no real impact.  By setting the student section back up for the Thursday game (for the money shot I assume) more students sat together and you could see a bit of impact...visually and audibly. They will do the money shot again for Saturday's game so look for a bit of student turnout as well.

Very pleased that they "re-established" the student section, and I certainly hope they keep it and start promoting for more students to attend and sit in that designated student section. When full, the noise and energy generated by that section adds a lot to the game atmosphere and helps the home court advantage. Why  that section was ever "dismantled" is beyond me, but at least someone has seen fit to bring it back. I certainly hope it stays and grows. Exciting and winning basketball certainly helps.

And, let us not forget the impact they can have on the opposing team's players, coaches and bench.

We need to put the banners back up designating the student section. I know that seems like a small thing but I think it will help. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

We need to put the banners back up designating the student section. I know that seems like a small thing but I think it will help. 

We need signs that say “Pit Crew” at the top and bottom of the section. They are trying, but it’s hard to break a habit

22 minutes ago, Andrew said:

But it’s gone from the top. It drives me crazy when students feel they are entitled to sit in paid for seats when they already get in free. 

I wouldn't say it is entitlement; definitely not spiting people who paid for those seats.  They're thinking either, "no one is using it so this is not harming anyone", or "I'll use it until someone kicks me out/claims it."

This is just college kids being college kids.

The staff needs to be re-trained.  Make it a point to check tickets as people walk into the seating area.  This was not a huge issue when attendance was terrible.  But things are getting intense now and it's upsetting many people.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1