Joe Lunardi Bracketology

BillySee58

Just now, BillySee58 said:

He is currently showing us as a 13 seed in the South, facing Auburn. The highest seed we have ever received is a 15 seed, which I think we got all 3 times we were in. 13 seed would be great and would give us a matchup that would have a good shot at being competitive in.

http://m.espn.com/ncb/bracketology?src=desktop

I'd love to see us in the tournament again.  This team has been fun to watch.  Hamlet was a beast yesterday!  GMG!

• Upvote 2

He is currently showing us as a 13 seed in the South, facing Auburn. The highest seed we have ever received is a 15 seed, which I think we got all 3 times we were in. 13 seed would be great and would give us a matchup that would have a good shot at being competitive in.

we have to continue to take care of business. CUSA will be a one bid conference, so all comes down to performance in Frisco.  But seeding will be based on continuing to play like we are.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, dml7007 said:

we have to continue to take care of business. CUSA will be a one bid conference, so all comes down to performance in Frisco.  But seeding will be based on continuing to play like we are.

If he has us as a 13-seed right now (and he has been very accurate compared to the committee in the past), if we could somehow rattle off a 17-1 conference record then make it to the CUSA championship game, maybe we have a shot at an at-large. Sucks that we couldn’t have pulled off one of the OU, VCU, or Utah state games that we had a chance in at the end.

But obviously there is almost no margin for error on that path. Also of note, Wren is now on the NIT selection committee so that could be on the table as a fallback as well if we keep winning. All that to say, the more you win, the more doors that open up. Not that anyone didn’t already know that.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

If he has us as a 13-seed right now (and he has been very accurate compared to the committee in the past), if we could somehow rattle off a 17-1 conference record then make it to the CUSA championship game, maybe we have a shot at an at-large. Sucks that we couldn’t have pulled off one of the OU, VCU, or Utah state games that we had a chance in at the end.

But obviously there is almost no margin for error on that path. Also of note, Wren is now on the NIT selection committee so that could be on the table as a fallback as well if we keep winning. All that to say, the more you win, the more doors that open up. Not that anyone didn’t already know that.

We're in the drivers seat for at least the NIT auto-bid.   Keep playing lock-down defense & get the offensive lulls out of the way and a conference championship is not at all out of the question.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Also, 5 of our non-conference opponents show up here. Dayton as a 2 seed, Arkansas as an 8 seed, OU as an 11 seed, VCU as a 12 seed, and Little Rock as a 15 seed.

That’s impressive and surprising. Let’s win out and makes this a reality.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Andrew said:

That’s impressive and surprising. Let’s win out and makes this a reality.

It surprised me too. ODU went 26-8 with a road win at Syracuse and only got a 14 seed last year. We would have to win out to get to 26-8, so that’s surprising to me that he already has us as a 13 seed. 

• Upvote 1

It surprised me too. ODU went 26-8 with a road win at Syracuse and only got a 14 seed last year. We would have to win out to get to 26-8, so that’s surprising to me that he already has us as a 13 seed. 

Team played well in Non-Conference against what looks like a tough schedule seeing how many of the teams are doing, only the EMU loss really sticks out. 

Hope the team can lock defense and continue the run. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, untbowler said:

Team played well in Non-Conference against what looks like a tough schedule seeing how many of the teams are doing, only the EMU loss really sticks out. 

Hope the team can lock defense and continue the run. 

That EMU loss was so frustrating. Should have at least 3 more wins including that game

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Shark84 said:

Let's tap the brakes and beat Nutsak. They put up 87 vs. La Tech. One game at a time.

Thank you! We win a couple football games and people here start NY6 talk. Beat a few CUSA b-ball teams and start figuring out NCAA seeding. 
Don’t forget this team has faded the last two years.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Thank you! We win a couple football games and people here start NY6 talk. Beat a few CUSA b-ball teams and start figuring out NCAA seeding. 
Don’t forget this team has faded the last two years.

Don't forget we were working Ryan Woolridge like a rented mule those years since the bench was so thin.
It seems we have more players this year, and can spread the ball (and minutes) around more.   Hopefully that means the late-season fatigue issues won't happen this year.

I'm not going to predict a 1-loss conference slate though.  That just doesn't seem probable.  I don't really see where that next loss comes from (unless we have to go BACK to Diddle again during pod play), but I'm prepared to 'lose one we should have won' in the coming weeks.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Don't forget we were working Ryan Woolridge like a rented mule those years since the bench was so thin.
It seems we have more players this year, and can spread the ball (and minutes) around more.   Hopefully that means the late-season fatigue issues won't happen this year.

I'm not going to predict a 1-loss conference slate though.  That just doesn't seem probable.  I don't really see where that next loss comes from (unless we have to go BACK to Diddle again during pod play), but I'm prepared to 'lose one we should have won' in the coming weeks.

I think we lose 1-2 more, but if we can host WKU that would be huge

• Upvote 1

Rather than jinx it for us, I'll just say this: for whatever CUSA team makes the tournament, it is really important to get at least a 14 seed.  If you look at historic winning percentages by seed, one of the biggest jumps occurs between 15 and 14.  Obviously a 13 seed would be even better, but 14 vs. 13 is less important than 15 vs. 14.

• Upvote 4

Tim Krueger at Stadium has us holding steady at a 13 seed VS Butler in the West region... with a juicy potential Sweet 16 matchup VS Ryan Woolridge & the Bulldogs of Gonzaga.

He also has 4 of the 8 teams we lost to also in the field:  Dayton, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, & Vermont.  If UTSt can get hot, they may also make the field as well.

83445616_1338127739693608_23592656292125

Even if we don’t make the tournament, or even if we don’t end up as a 12 seed, I hope this once and for all settles what kind of schedule we should be playing. We were competitive but came up short against all of our top tier opponents, and that STILL gets us enough respect, almost in February, for Lunardi to have us as a 12. 

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

12 hours ago, greenminer said:

I think this projection is based on our OOC showing, being on top of CUSA, and being on a nice win streak.  If you take a look at the schedule, we have only lost twice since the middle of December.

Really should've won those game too. We just need to win more than 2 game in the conference tournament, and I'll be sort of happy