Joe Lunardi Bracketology

BillySee58

18 minutes ago, meanrob said:

That loss to a .500 WKU team in the Sun Belt final still burns me. We’re in the tourney when we’re in the tourney. 

such a tough day in Ark... and compounded by the fact that it would end up being the last JJ game...

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

such a tough day in Ark... and compounded by the fact that it would end up being the last JJ game...

Didn’t the head coach for WKU at that time get fired right before the sun belt tournament?

Edited by Big Z

3 hours ago, Big Z said:

Didn’t the head coach for WKU at that time get fired right before the sun belt tournament?

I think it was a little ways before that.  Not mid-season, but 2-4 weeks prior to tourney.

I remember that.  Their entire program took a deep, positive breathe and had life to it.  IIRC, no one liked the previous guy.

Our current NET ranking is 77.  LaTech is also in the top 100 and WKU will possibly be there soon, so pod play could really be a great opportunity for one of the above three to get another couple quality wins.  Depending on how the cards fall over the next few weeks, one team from CUSA could maybe emerge from pod play with a NET ranking in the 50s and thus enter the conference tournament as a bubble team.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

On 1/28/2020 at 10:01 AM, meanrob said:

That loss to a .500 WKU team in the Sun Belt final still burns me. We’re in the tourney when we’re in the tourney. 

Thinking about that is sickening 😂 I was a teenager and my dad took me to Hot Springs for the week. Still in shock that we lost to a 7 seed 🤦🏻‍♂️

On 1/28/2020 at 2:53 PM, Greendylan said:

Our current NET ranking is 77.  LaTech is also in the top 100 and WKU will possibly be there soon, so pod play could really be a great opportunity for one of the above three to get another couple quality wins.  Depending on how the cards fall over the next few weeks, one team from CUSA could maybe emerge from pod play with a NET ranking in the 50s and thus enter the conference tournament as a bubble team.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

Hopefully the Rice loss brought you back to reality out of Candy Land, would have to be like a 3 loss team for it to be a two bid conference.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

21 hours ago, Greendylan said:

Who said anything about a two-bid conference?

Implying that we had 3 teams on the possible bubble meaning that the bubble team could get a bid & another winning the conference. If you weren't then what the hell was the point of your comment. Being on the bubble doesn't mean jack if you're already getting auto bid.

• Downvote 3

3 hours ago, TheNewEra said:

Implying that we had 3 teams on the possible bubble meaning that the bubble team could get a bid & another winning the conference. If you weren't then what the hell was the point of your comment. Being on the bubble doesn't mean jack if you're already getting auto bid.

He meant that if we have three teams in the top 100 of the NET then the winner of the conference can have a higher seed...

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1