Pod Question

TheColonyEagle

3 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

I believe it is seeded. EX. #1 plays at #5 and #4 and hosts #3 and #2. It may be listed on the conference site. 

This is correct. Each team will host the 2 seeds directly below them and visit the 2 seeds directly above them. This makes it so that it will take road wins for teams to hop another team, and the #1 seed has the best chance at bolstering their résumé by going 4-0.

And the schedule lists 5 dates but we’ll only play on 4 of those dates.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Greendylan said:

If we make it into the top pod, it'll be just our luck that the schedule will send us back to Bowling Green for round two against WKU. 

I doubt it though. Last year we went to La Tech and had FAU here. Then again it probably will happen 

15 hours ago, Greendylan said:

If we make it into the top pod, it'll be just our luck that the schedule will send us back to Bowling Green for round two against WKU. 

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I doubt it though. Last year we went to La Tech and had FAU here. Then again it probably will happen 

If we get the one seed heading into pod play, I would be shocked if WKU isn’t the two or three seed. If they are either of those, then they’d come to Denton. If they are the one seed and we are two or three then we’d head back to Bowling Green. If that happened, I wouldn’t call it bad luck. It would mean we didn’t take care of our business and they did. Unless we both win out and they get it on a tie breaker. That would be bad luck lol.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

If we get the one seed heading into pod play, I would be shocked if WKU isn’t the two or three seed. If they are either of those, then they’d come to Denton. If they are the one seed and we are two or three then we’d head back to Bowling Green. If that happened, I wouldn’t call it bad luck. It would mean we didn’t take care of our business and they did. Unless we both win out and they get it on a tie breaker. That would be bad luck lol.

WKU is beginning a tough stretch of their schedule tonight, so they could drop a few spots in the standings.  But yeah, if I were to make a prediction, I would guess they'll end up somewhere 1-3.

In reality, all of the top pod teams will be really hard to beat on the road, of course . . . but it's still fun to complain about heading up to Bowling Green. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greendylan said:

WKU is beginning a tough stretch of their schedule tonight, so they could drop a few spots in the standings.  But yeah, if I were to make a prediction, I would guess they'll end up somewhere 1-3.

In reality, all of the top pod teams will be really hard to beat on the road, of course . . . but it's still fun to complain about heading up to Bowling Green. 

After seeing them come back at Marshall from down 19, maybe it will be just our luck that we both go 13-1 and we have to go back to Bowling Green 😔 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

After seeing them come back at Marshall from down 19, maybe it will be just our luck that we both go 13-1 and we have to go back to Bowling Green 😔 

WKU fans feel the same about coming here. If we can just take care of business, and pray that WKU loses a game or 2 we are set. Well hopefully