Mean Green a DR-C no show

greenjoe

After a historic 20 Point win last night over Rice, the DR-C sports page mentions the Mavericks, Derek Jester, Venus and the Braswell Girls BB.  I didn’t see Bret last night but I didn’t look for him either.  We had a good crowd and played well enough to be in a tie for first in CUSA yet nothing in today’s paper.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • Sad 2
  • Eye Roll 2

3 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

After a historic 20 Point win last night over Rice, the DR-C sports page mentions the Mavericks, Derek Jester, Venus and the Braswell Girls BB.  I didn’t see Bret last night but I didn’t look for him either.  We had a good crowd and played well enough to be in a tie for first in CUSA yet nothing in today’s paper.

He was live tweeting the game, so he was following it in some capacity.

• Upvote 2

Second time in a couple of weeks. I mentioned it on Twitter and Facebook early this morning and sent an email directly to the paper. Brett was there...not his fault. This was obviously a conscious decision on the part of the paper...perhaps to "encourage" more folks to go on-line, but this is crap-ola! Even the Dallas Morning News put a small piece in the sports section about the win. So, don't want to here the "too late for publication" BS either. The game ended at the same approximate time our games have been ending for years...no OT either.

The publisher needs to hear...the editor needs to hear. Make it so people.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

Second time in a couple of weeks. I mentioned it on Twitter and Facebook early this morning and sent an email directly to the paper. Brett was there...not his fault. This was obviously a conscious decision on the part of the paper...perhaps to "encourage" more folks to go on-line, but this is crap-ola! Even the Dallas Morning News put a small piece in the sports section about the win. So, don't want to here the "too late for publication" BS either. The game ended at the same approximate time our games have been ending for years...no OT either.

The publisher needs to hear...the editor needs to hear. Make it so people.

The La Tech win was no where to be seen on the DMN and any Tv. Very disappointing 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 4:25 PM, Brett Vito said:

Here's the situation:

We are not happy about it, but we don't have a choice.

Subscriptions to our website and e-edtion are actually cheaper than the printed paper.

If you are already a subscriber, you have access to our website and e-edition. 

We have subscription options that start at 99 cents a week.

Here's a link:

https://dentonrc.com/allaccess/

We're still here and don't plan on going anywhere. We were just forced to change the way our readers access our late sports content.

It used to be free until a couple months ago. Now I go to meangreensports.com and read their FREE content. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 6
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, greeneagle1 said:

It used to be free until a couple months ago. Now I go to meangreensports.com and read their FREE content. 

Same. I feel bad for Brett, but he can’t control what the DRC does. Sadly I fear he is just alone for the ride. The quick downward spiral of a ride it seems. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2