Article: Hamlet's Game Winner vs. La. Tech

UNTLifer

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/North-Texas-Mean-Green-basketball-Javion-Hamlet-game-winner-tops-Louisiana-Tech-at-buzzer-142417900/

“Timeouts were some tense moments, but he kept wanting the basketball,” McCasland said. “The [defense] kept taking the ball out of his hands and we were turning it over and I was frustrated and Javion kept bringing our team together. Make that shot or miss that shot, the fact he wanted the ball with the game on the line really says a lot about him wanting to help this team win and that was a big play.”

• Upvote 3

This is what we need! Somebody that can step up or at least willing to step up and take over the game. The disappearance of the basketball player formerly known as Roosevelt Smart is incredible. I don’t know if he ever gets back to what he used to be.   

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

This is what we need! Somebody that can step up or at least willing to step up and take over the game. The disappearance of the basketball player formerly known as Roosevelt Smart is incredible. I don’t know if he ever gets back to what he used to be.   

My question would be: was Smart good that first year in anything besides shooting? Ball movement, defense, game IQ, etc...?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

The disappearance of the basketball player formerly known as Roosevelt Smart is incredible..   

Greatest mystery known to man.  Crazy how he has fallen off.  Has to be a confidence thing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

My question would be: was Smart good that first year in anything besides shooting? Ball movement, defense, game IQ, etc...?

Wow that is a good question... He averaged about 4.5 rebounds and 1 assist per game. I don't remember all of the games, but I would say he was solid at the rest. Obviously not the best