2020 Spring Roster

BillySee58

On 1/17/2020 at 7:02 PM, BillySee58 said:

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/2020?&sort=position

No real surprises that I noticed. Rico Bussey no longer listed, while Bryce English still is. Looks like UNT expects him to get a waiver for a 6th season this year.

Really? I stopped worrying that his foot/ankle would properly heal two years ago......and wished him well in his next endeavor.  Because, even though I'm not a person with any type of medical expertise, it seems obvious to me that his foot/ankle is never going to heal enough to play football........at any level. 

I hope I'm totally wrong.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Really? I stopped worrying that his foot/ankle would properly heal two years ago......and wished him well in his next endeavor.  Because, even though I'm not a person with any type of medical expertise, it seems obvious to me that his foot/ankle is never going to heal enough to play football........at any level. 

I hope I'm totally wrong.

Same here. Even without the injuries he always had a really strong case for a 6th year because of the terms of him transferring here (his dad’s health). When you grow up playing a sport and play it all the way through college, that becomes who you are and if they have eligibility it’s much harder for some of these guys to forego that eligibility than it is to keep playing.

• Upvote 1

I noticed Cole Johnson is still listed under QB.  I thought we recruited him as an athlete.  He mostly played QB in high school but his highlight reel had him going both ways, mostly playing in the backfield on defense.  With the QB room as full as it is, I'm kinda surprised that's where they have him listed.  I just watched his highlights and he seems to have that "gamer" mentality that everyone always says Mason has.

http://www.public.hudl.com/profile/7755511/Cole-Johnson

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

I noticed Cole Johnson is still listed under QB.  I thought we recruited him as an athlete.  He mostly played QB in high school but his highlight reel had him going both ways, mostly playing in the backfield on defense.  With the QB room as full as it is, I'm kinda surprised that's where they have him listed.  I just watched his highlights and he seems to have that "gamer" mentality that everyone always says Mason has.

http://www.public.hudl.com/profile/7755511/Cole-Johnson

Probably our scout team QB

• Upvote 1

I don't see Ron Tiavaasue on the roster, so we used a scholarship on a JUCO TE that only ULM wanted who won't even be here for the spring when we already signed two high school TE's one of which enrolled early?

That's almost as irresponsible as having 8 (hopefully at least 11 by next fall) total defensive lineman on scholarship heading in to year 5 as the head coach of an FBS program.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

I don't see Ron Tiavaasue on the roster, so we used a scholarship on a JUCO TE that only ULM wanted who won't even be here for the spring when we already signed two high school TE's one of which enrolled early?

That's almost as irresponsible as having 8 (hopefully at least 11 by next fall) total defensive lineman on scholarship heading in to year 5 as the head coach of an FBS program.

Looking at his tape he will be strictly a blocking TE. This will give time for are others TE to get bigger. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/17/2020 at 7:02 PM, BillySee58 said:

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/2020?&sort=position

No real surprises that I noticed. Rico Bussey no longer listed, while Bryce English still is. Looks like UNT expects him to get a waiver for a 6th season this year.

Although inevitable, I’m sad to see the time has come for Darden to be listed a Senior.

• Upvote 6

I put the the breakdown of scholarships including incoming recruits in to a spreadsheet. I added the JUCO commits to their respective class, I came up with 73 scholarship players but that could be wrong. We are going to be young next year and judging by how few players we have in the JR/RS JR class we will be VERY young in 2021. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lpgjCn8q25mOuUAsZ9z-aRi3xLvSdTQ3S7Trq0jTql4/edit#gid=0

• Upvote 2