Some Fine love from the Shrine Game

Felozano

There were some very unflattering things said about his performance in practice on day 1 and I haven't heard much about him since.  I hope he can make a good impression when its game time.

Edit: found the article

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/east-west-shrine-game-practice-report-west-team-day-1/

"Except for a few nice throws from Missouri’s Kelly Bryant, the quarterback play on the West left a lot to be desired. Utah’s Tyler Huntley was all over the place with his throws and tossed a bad interception to end the day. North Texas’ Mason Fine needs a lot of work on his downfield accuracy and does not possess a next-level arm, and Yale’s Kurt Rawlins had a non-descript showing."

Edited by peanuts104
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

There were some very unflattering things said about his performance in practice on day 1 and I haven't heard much about him since.  I hope he can make a good impression when its game time.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/east-west-shrine-game-practice-report-west-team-day-1/

"Except for a few nice throws from Missouri’s Kelly Bryant, the quarterback play on the West left a lot to be desired. Utah’s Tyler Huntley was all over the place with his throws and tossed a bad interception to end the day. North Texas’ Mason Fine needs a lot of work on his downfield accuracy and does not possess a next-level arm, and Yale’s Kurt Rawlins had a non-descript showing."

That's not high praise at all.  His deep ball was his bread and butter here....especially his sophomore and junior years.  Wren retweeted a good day he had a few days ago.  Hope he's turned it around and has a good showing on game day.

Just now, Felozano said:

That's not high praise at all.  His deep ball was his bread and butter here....especially his sophomore and junior years.  Wren retweeted a good day he had a few days ago.  Hope he's turned it around and has a good showing on game day.

Found the tweet. This would have been from day 2 practice.

image.png.a91a8fbdd15be11a9a69c8fb1e9a4112.png

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

The is the first time I have ever heard anyone question is arm strength

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

East Coast talking head. I just read some of his tweets. He's not even verified lol.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Felozano said:

That's not high praise at all.  His deep ball was his bread and butter here....especially his sophomore and junior years.  Wren retweeted a good day he had a few days ago.  Hope he's turned it around and has a good showing on game day.

He was planted like a tree the past two seasons.  There’s no telling how many shoulder separations  he’s had to fight through.   I’m sure it has affected his arm strength and accuracy?

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

He was planted like a tree the past two seasons.  There’s no telling how many shoulder separations  he’s had to fight through.   I’m sure it has affected his arm strength and accuracy?

Rick

I agree, something changed during his junior season when he got lit up. I want to say it was the LaTech game but I could be wrong. He wasn’t the same player after kinda like RG3 after Mike Shanahan let him be the sacrificial lamb.

Edited by Cr1028

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

I think it has more to do with it being practice 1 with all new receivers, etc.  I think he'll ball out tomorrow when he gets his shot.

• Skeptical Eagle 1

8 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

I think they only gave him 3 drives. Bryant and Huntley got waaay more chances and they should have given Mason the chance to win the game at the end. 

They got 4 drives.....Mason got 3. 

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1