Seth hires 2 coaches for offense

TheReal_jayD

"...we were told that they want to hit transfers hard. Whether that means junior college, graduate transfers, or transfer portal players, the Mean Green will be tossing their hat into the circle for a lot of players who can step in and play immediately."

Source: https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/Mike-Bloesch-Tate-Willis-hired-on-North-Texas-Mean-Green-football-on-offensive-staff-Marty-Biagi-departs-142339252/

It'll be interesting to see who we pull in to play immediately.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

"...we were told that they want to hit transfers hard. Whether that means junior college, graduate transfers, or transfer portal players, the Mean Green will be tossing their hat into the circle for a lot of players who can step in and play immediately."

Source: https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/Mike-Bloesch-Tate-Willis-hired-on-North-Texas-Mean-Green-football-on-offensive-staff-Marty-Biagi-departs-142339252/

It'll be interesting to see who we pull in to play immediately.

Good news. Hope we convince some "ready-to-contribute" players to head this way

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, outoftown said:

So its official, he will call plays himself. I guess that means he did not manage to hire anyone he trusts enough to do it. Not a good sign. I hope he will at least not be doing that from the sideline.

Why?  This is actually pretty common today.  There are a number of highly successful head coaches that call their own games from the sideline.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

38 minutes ago, outoftown said:

So its official, he will call plays himself. I guess that means he did not manage to hire anyone he trusts enough to do it. Not a good sign. I hope he will at least not be doing that from the sideline.

You want the HC in the booth? I don't understand your stance at all. As mentioned before, there are lots of HC's who call their own plays.

• Upvote 1

It's not hard to feel like some of these hires are a step back not forward from what I expected, and compared to our peers hires.

Seth gets the big bucks (And the private Jet) so I trust he knows better than we do. Still I'm skeptical. Regardless I'll cheer them all on.

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Why?  This is actually pretty common today.  There are a number of highly successful head coaches that call their own games from the sideline.

Out of curiosity (because I genuinely have no idea),  who are a few examples of active, highly successful head coaches that call their own games from the sideline?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Udomann said:

It's not hard to feel like some of these hires are a step back not forward from what I expected, and compared to our peers hires.

Seth gets the big bucks (And the private Jet) so I trust he knows better than we do. Still I'm skeptical. Regardless I'll cheer them all on.

Aren't the hire by some of these "peers" guys that were fired, or not retained at these previous schools. Not saying these guys will be great but we don't know.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

Out of curiosity (because I genuinely have no idea),  who are a few examples of active, highly successful head coaches that call their own games from the sideline?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sds-top-25-offensive-minds-college-football-preseason-2019/

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Sorry that link doesn't work for me. Can you ennumerate them?

Ryan Day, HC, Ohio State

Joe Moorhead, HC, Mississippi State

Dana Holgorsen, HC, Houston

Gus Malzahn, HC, Auburn

Mike Norvell, HC, Memphis

Chip Kelly, HC, UCLA

Jeff Brohm, HC, Purdue

Scott Frost, HC, Nebraska

Jimbo Fisher, HC, Texas A&M

Mike Leach, HC, Washington State

Dan Mullen, HC, Florida

David Cutcliffe, HC, Duke

Lincoln Riley, HC, Oklahoma

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

Ryan Day, HC, Ohio State

Joe Moorhead, HC, Mississippi State

Dana Holgorsen, HC, Houston

Gus Malzahn, HC, Auburn

Mike Norvell, HC, Memphis

Chip Kelly, HC, UCLA

Jeff Brohm, HC, Purdue

Scott Frost, HC, Nebraska

Jimbo Fisher, HC, Texas A&M

Mike Leach, HC, Washington State

Dan Mullen, HC, Florida

David Cutcliffe, HC, Duke

Lincoln Riley, HC, Oklahoma

I admit that is more than I thought. I am still worried though that there is no strong strategy man on offense other than SL himself.

• Eye Roll 1

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Well, it appears New Denton's plane has ran out of gas and is starting to stall. Guess what comes next? I hate to sound pessimistic, but it's kinda there to see. And anyone who is being honest with themselves will see it too. 

With all due respect your showing signs of Old Denton. If you or others thought we would never have up and downs again that was naive.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

With all due respect your showing signs of Old Denton. If you or others thought we would never have up and downs again that was naive.  

No, having ups and downs is inevitable. And we're clearly in a down state right now as 4-8 would suggest. But there's no up in clear sight and to complie that there are head scratching hires happening on both sides of the ball. It just feels like a tidal wave of suck is looming around the corner. That's all. 

• Eye Roll 3

1 hour ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

Lincoln Riley, David Cutcliffe, Dan Mullen, Mike Leach, Jimbo Fisher, Scott Frost, Jeff Brohm, Chip Kelly, Mike Norvill, and Gus Malzahn to name a few.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sds-top-25-offensive-minds-college-football-preseason-2019/

* Sorry, didn't see this was referenced above.

Edited by UNTLifer