Seth hires 2 coaches for offense

TheReal_jayD

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

Color me underwhelmed.    Huge gamble for Seth coming off such a disappointing season.

But hey, welcome to North Texas Coach Wallis & Coach Bloesch!   You have your work cut out for you.

I am also underwhelmed. I think I expected much more with increase in salary and seeing what FAU is doing. But I guess we'll see what happens. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Color me underwhelmed.    Huge gamble for Seth coming off such a disappointing season.

But hey, welcome to North Texas Coach Wallis & Coach Bloesch!   You have your work cut out for you.

This looks like SL is playing the long game with this hire. Get these two here to learn the system in 2020, which is looking more and more like a year to focus on pure rebuilding. SL knows he has 3 years left on his contract after 2020, so he will go all in for 2021. That will be his last chance at the P5 dream. My guess is that if we have a losing record in 2021, we will cut bait, so that is his year to either get that P5 gig or another extension here or just be another UNT coach to leave here as fired, like everyone has since 1981.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I'm also a bit underwhelmed with these hires.  I guess I was just expecting more.  Tulsa and Argyle have been sitting at home doing nothing as long as UNT has.  If this is who WB & SL really wanted to hire, this announcement would have been made long before Christmas.

That being said, I don't completely dislike the hires.  They both seem qualified, although I am a bit hesitant about HS coaches at UNT given our history. Haha

Welcome to Denton and Go Mean Green!

Edited by Moobs
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Aldo said:

I may be remembering incorrectly but does that mean we can't recruit from Argyle HS for 2 years?

Or does that only apply to high school HC

Not sure, but I would love to give Bo Hogeboom, Argyle QB and Houston baseball commit, a shot.

Just now, Aldo said:

I may be remembering incorrectly but does that mean we can't recruit from Argyle HS for 2 years?

Or does that only apply to high school HC

I believe if he is hired for an "on the field" role he can still recruit his old school. I think, could be really wrong, the rule was put in place to avoid hiring HS coaches for "support" roles

Edited by El Paso Eagle

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

I believe if he is hire for an "on the field" role he can still recruit his old school. I think, could be really wrong, the rule was put in place to avoid hiring HS coaches for "support" roles

I’m not sure how old the rule is but Garrison Johnson followed Kason Martin’s dad Kirk to Syracuse just a couple years ago.

• Upvote 2