ESPN+ Streaming

Hookset

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Sorry you had issues.  This was the best broadcast from ESPN+ since I have been using it, and the USM broadcasters were good and had done their homework on us.  In fact, they talked more about us than their team.

except saying t bell the whole time and calling deng geu, dean the whole game...

• Upvote 2

Just now, Hookset said:

I have “tried” to watch every game that has been streamed. Always have trouble.

I stream through Frontier on a LG 4K tv that is less than a year old.

is it Frontier that is the problem? 

Are you using wireless for your TV? I ask because wireless performance can be affected by things like proximity to the wireless endpoint, number of walls the signal must travel through, and number of connected wireless devices on the same endpoint. I go hardwired whenever possible as it assures the best possible connect to my internet connection. 

• Upvote 1

If you're going to depend on ESPN+ (or any streaming service) frequently, make sure the device you're watching on is solid.  I highly recommend something like an Apple TV 4k, Roku Ultra or better, or a Nvidia Shield. 

The built in apps on Samsung/Sony/LG/Chinese brand TV's suffer from the TV's low processor power and smaller amounts of memory.  Even the best new TV's fall prey to memory and processor issues.

22 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

If you're going to depend on ESPN+ (or any streaming service) frequently, make sure the device you're watching on is solid.  I highly recommend something like an Apple TV 4k, Roku Ultra or better, or a Nvidia Shield. 

The built in apps on Samsung/Sony/LG/Chinese brand TV's suffer from the TV's low processor power and smaller amounts of memory.  Even the best new TV's fall prey to memory and processor issues.

@Philip Ferguson

@bstnsportsfan3

...not sure if the above quote applies to your setup.

12 minutes ago, greenminer said:

@Philip Ferguson

@bstnsportsfan3

...not sure if the above quote applies to your setup.

LA Tech game on ESPN+ on Apple TV 4K 32GB model was 100% fine last Saturday.  Watched the fight on Saturday on ESPN+ at a buddy's house using a 24 month old Samsung LCD. The fight repeatedly froze and the ESPN+ interface was super slow to operate.  I have two Apple TV 4K's, 2 Roku Ultras, and one TV using built in Android 9.  I'll let you guess which of the 5 devices crashes sometimes while streaming.

I also recently upgraded my WAP to an Asus AX92U.  Was having YouTube TV issues prior on a 4-5 year old Asus AC68P.  All those issues are gone now.  Prayers 🙏 if you're depending on the Cable Co wireless access point.  They're average or worse devices.  Wired is always best, but if you aren't able to hardwire everything, you need to arm yourself with a solid WAP.  When you have an average 2020 family's 2-3 streaming devices, 4 family members phones, a few smart speakers, maybe a sprinkler controller or other IOT devices, 2 or 3 tablets, and a laptop or two on your WAP, you need to think about its ability to handle a constant task like streaming with all those other devices using bandwidth and processing power.

Boring dorky stuff... Basically you gotta spend money to ensure you have a solid backbone to our current day over-connected life.

ESPN+ is better than trying to figure out how to get BEIN Sports.

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle

20 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

LA Tech game on ESPN+ on Apple TV 4K 32GB model was 100% fine last Saturday.  Watched the fight on Saturday on ESPN+ at a buddy's house using a 24 month old Samsung LCD. The fight repeatedly froze and the ESPN+ interface was super slow to operate.  I have two Apple TV 4K's, 2 Roku Ultras, and one TV using built in Android 9.  I'll let you guess which of the 5 devices crashes sometimes while streaming.

I also recently upgraded my WAP to an Asus AX92U.  Was having YouTube TV issues prior on a 4-5 year old Asus AC68P.  All those issues are gone now.  Prayers 🙏 if you're depending on the Cable Co wireless access point.  They're average or worse devices.  Wired is always best, but if you aren't able to hardwire everything, you need to arm yourself with a solid WAP.  When you have an average 2020 family's 2-3 streaming devices, 4 family members phones, a few smart speakers, maybe a sprinkler controller or other IOT devices, 2 or 3 tablets, and a laptop or two on your WAP, you need to think about its ability to handle a constant task like streaming with all those other devices using bandwidth and processing power.

Boring dorky stuff... Basically you gotta spend money to ensure you have a solid backbone to our current day over-connected life.

ESPN+ is better than trying to figure out how to get BEIN Sports.

I have a laptop that is less than a year old, so I would guess it's pretty up to date.  I just launch ESPN+ from the browser and plug the HDMI from the laptop to the TV.  I do this for all my streaming services and ESPN+ is the only one that every freezes.  I'm not saying it's not my computer, but it seems unlikely since it's just with ESPN+.  Oh well, I'll just grin and bear it. #FirstWorldProblems 

• Upvote 1

The La Tech and Rice game feeds were pretty flawless.  The announcers for La Tech were fair.  The "older" gentleman liked to hear his own voice, but at least they weren't a couple of homers.  John Liddle and Hank were great vs. Rice.

• Upvote 1