National Championship game observation

MeanGreen22

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Which leads to the  question, have LSU fans ever evolved?

I'm sure there are a lot of people out there (in and out of the SEC) that have an opinion about that. I've never personally experienced the LSU fan, but I have experienced the OU fan,,,,,,,, several times. And my answer would then be "I hope so......some day".

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

On a different note, my observations from last night game were just how much talent they had on the field. The NFL lite programs are just minor leagues at this point. 

LSU and NDSU won national championships again. And nobody in the G5 were able to qualify for that title—again...so glad we get their P5 crumbs and that Memphis got the right to get beat by Penn State in the Cotton Bowl!! Awesomeness!!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Curious to know when that MFer chant started. Was right around DD called some people MFers? 

9 hours ago, Rudy said:

No, it was around 5 years ago. Some idiots thought it was cool. 

It was a thing when I was a freshman 8 years ago. I’ll admit, I thought it was funny for about a semester. Did not think it would still be going this strong all these years later.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

It was a thing when I was a freshman 8 years ago. I’ll admit, I thought it was funny for about a semester. Did not think it would still be going this strong all these years later.

I was at the UNT v Texas Tech basketball game back in 2010 and it was going on then. I’m assuming it’s been around for a while. Just now getting looked at. 

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

I was at the UNT v Texas Tech basketball game back in 2010 and it was going on then. I’m assuming it’s been around for a while. Just now getting looked at. 

^Correct. Believe it or not, the chant started at basketball games during the glory days of the Johnny Jones Era. There weren't many reasons to get excited about the football team back then...

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

^Correct. Believe it or not, the chant started at basketball games during the glory days of the Johnny Jones Era. There weren't many reasons to get excited about the football team back then...

I was in GB in 2009, it was alive and well pre-2010. 

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1