A Name to watch for North Texas DL Opening

TheReal_jayD

Sources close to GMG.com have confirmed a name to watch out for is OU DL coach Calvin Thibodeaux. Not saying a signing is imminent. But there is mutual interest. It all depends if Grinch wants to bring in his own DL coach. Calvin is very familiar with both Seth and New DC Clint Bowen. He worked under Clint for a season while they both were at Kansas. Just something to watch.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cerebus said:

Are you saying he would leave his alma mater for the same position at another school?

I am saying if OU decides to let Grinch choose he own DL coach. We will be a top landing spot for him. OU is believed to be letting Grinch put together his own staff. He was hired and wasn't able to pick his own staff for the most part

4 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I am saying if OU decides to let Grinch choose he own DL coach. We will be a top landing spot for him. OU is believed to be letting Grinch put together his own staff. He was hired and wasn't able to pick his own staff for the most part

Thanks, that makes sense.

He currently makes $270,000, so coming here also be a pretty large pay cut.  Are you sure we can afford him?

Also, it was noted in a Vito article that Langston and Yellock had not officially been let go.  Are we positive they are being replaced?  

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Sources close to GMG.com have confirmed a name to watch out for is OU DL coach Calvin Thibodeaux. Not saying a signing is imminent. But there is mutual interest. It all depends if Grinch wants to bring in his own DL coach. Calvin is very familiar with both Seth and New DC Clint Bowen. He worked under Clint for a season while they both were at Kansas. Just something to watch.

I am also hearing it is pretty unlikely they let's Thibs go. He and Lincoln are pretty tight. So Grinch may be over ruled.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

He currently makes $270,000, so coming here also be a pretty large pay cut.  Are you sure we can afford him?

Also, it was noted in a Vito article that Langston and Yellock had not officially been let go.  Are we positive they are being replaced?  

That is a good question. I was looking at the roster the other day and I don't think I saw either listed.