Bussey Jr.

UNTLifer

I hope he comes back.  Not because of his talent, but because of his work ethic.  Based on his progression, he worked his ass off.  When he got hit he knew it was his ACL. You could tell. I wouldn't blame him for transferring, but I think he could help our QB next year, whoever that ends up being. That being said, maybe he doesn't want a green QB to control his destiny.  I wish him well in whatever he chooses.

• Skeptical Eagle 2

Can the folks that think he's 100% gone please tell me how you know he's gone? Other than, I saw him eating popcorn underneath section 105 during the 2nd qtr of the UTEP game.

My thoughts is that the Spring Semester has started and he hasn't declared that he isn't enrolling anywhere. If my memory serves me correctly, he's a True Senior (Graduated) so he can go somewhere else and not have to sit out but wouldn't you think he'd be gone by now? We also haven't heard any news of him hire an agent and trying to go pro but ultimately he could just call it quits and pursue his civilian career. I might be naive but I think he's back next year.

If he leaves, I wish him all the best and He's been fun to watch and if he comes back, this WR core is gonna be NUTS!

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Withers940 said:

Can the folks that think he's 100% gone please tell me how you know he's gone? Other than, I saw him eating popcorn underneath section 105 during the 2nd qtr of the UTEP game.

My thoughts is that the Spring Semester has started and he hasn't declared that he isn't enrolling anywhere. If my memory serves me correctly, he's a True Senior (Graduated) so he can go somewhere else and not have to sit out but wouldn't you think he'd be gone by now? We also haven't heard any news of him hire an agent and trying to go pro but ultimately he could just call it quits and pursue his civilian career. I might be naive but I think he's back next year.

If he leaves, I wish him all the best and He's been fun to watch and if he comes back, this WR core is gonna be NUTS!

Question, in the age of the "Transfer Portal" do Graduate transfers have to sign up?

Just now, Withers940 said:

Right there with you.  Also, it was reported that he hasn't had surgery yet, which makes me wonder if he even wants to continue playing.  If all of this is true, odd behavior not being with the team, odd Twitter post noted above and oddly not having his ACL repaired, then I wonder how committed he is to football in the future.  I am a huge fan of his and love his talent, but I am also comfortable with what we have coming back next year.

• Eye Roll 1

Rico did a lot for us, the best thing he could do in my opinion is focus on his rehab for now. I'm not sure it makes sense with his recovery timeline to compete at pro day. A little more recovery time so he can run the fastest time possible is crucial and I have no doubts he will be invited to Dallas Day the Cowboys combine for local players.

This guy can play, his ability to create separation and catch contested balls won't be lost on scouts. His injury history including the hamstring pulls early in his career won't be lost either so in a VERY deep WR 2020 class he will have to go the UDFA route. 

Whatever happens, he was a special player who will forever be a legend for his TD catch during the drive against UTSA.

• Upvote 6