KICKBALL CLASSIC- MARCH 21st...IT'S ON!

KRAM1

Hard to believe that new are in our 10th year, but such is the case.  We are set for the 10th ANNUAL UNT SPIRIT FUNDRAISER EVENT! This year a tad earlier due to scheduling conflicts, but, we have secured the UNT SOFTBALL COMPLEX for our event this year...keep all fingers and toes crossed for good weather this year!

Since KICKBALL was such a big success last year...we are doing kickball once again. We will "kick-off" at 11:00am on Saturday, MARCH 21st at 11:00am at the UNT Softball Complex off Bonnie Brae Rd in Denton.

Registration fee for player (which includes the "collectors item t-shirt of course) is still only $35.00 per player. This is a CO-ED EVENT, so come one...come all!

WE will once again include a silent auction with all kinds of goodies to bid on...UNT and non-UNT items...AND...once again we will have some yummy brisket sandwiches available for those interested.

We do have a couple of back-up dates should the weather not cooperate, so please take note of these dates as well...Sunday, March 22nd and Sunday March 29th.

So, what do we need...(1) Players, (2) Silent Auction Items, (3) Sponsors, (4)) Silent Auction Bidders and (5) Spectators...if nothing else, please come out and support our event.  The more folks that come, the easier it is to continue to obtain UNT Athletic Department and UNT Division of Student Affairs help and support.  So, yep, we need ya!

Here are the appropriate links:

SIGN-UP TO PLAY HERE:  https://one.unt.edu/annual-spirit-classic

CAN'T PLAY, BUT WANT TO HELP WITH A DONATION OF ANY AMOUNT:  https://one.unt.edu/annual-spirit-classic-donation-page

QUESTIONS?  Ask them here (other folks may have the same question) or PM me here on GMG.Com.  

I am sure I have left something out.  So, check back here from time to time as I will use this thread to keep everyone updated as we progress toward game day.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

11am is early drinking!

But seriously, obviously I can’t attend but I will donate and I might have something to donate.

i'm pretty sure we have all drank hours and hours before 11 am...nothing new for us

dude, send a city of bishkek flag, i'll win that auction!

• Upvote 3

Just now, THOR said:

i'm pretty sure we have all drank hours and hours before 11 am...nothing new for us

dude, send a city of bishkek flag, i'll win that auction!

That is a possibility. 

or this hat?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOxsiGWbX41yOTnBf7HHG

Edited by 97and03
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, 97and03 said:

11am is early drinking!

But seriously, obviously I can’t attend but I will donate and I might have something to donate.

Thank you! Just PM me with details or any questions! 

• Upvote 4
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 2

Starting to collect silent auction items. Got a couple of sweet items already for the auction.  If you would like to donate an item...or if your company or business would...please let me know.

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

OK...for those looking to play in this years "Classic" Kickball game...here is the link to sign-up to play: 

https://one.unt.edu/annual-spirit-classic

For those who cannot play, but would like to help support the UNT Cheer Squad with a donation (any amount welcome and appreciated), you can use the following link:

https://one.unt.edu/annual-spirit-classic-donation-page

I have checked both links and they appear to be working just fine.  Thanks so much!

Just a bit of a head's up...when you click the "register" or donate" buttons to complete your transaction....give it a second or two...it works and you will get an acknowledgement of your transaction.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 2

I want to thank ADDISON TRANSPORTATION for once again being the first sponsor to step forward for our event. Just so everyone is aware, Addison Transportation has sponsored this event every year since its inception 10 years ago. And, no, there is no Cheerleader connection...no parent with a Cheer Squad member...just a company who supports UNT. Not only through its donations to this event, but through its willingness to hire UNT grads! Not only does the firm support UNT, but several of its employees and management team does as well on an individual basis.

THANK YOU Addison Transportation!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 2

Had another generous donor, who wishes to remain anonymous, has pledged $500 in support of our event.  A truly generous donation, and so very much appreciated.

Remember...to play in the Kickball game sign up here:

https://one.unt.edu/annual-spirit-classic

To make a donation, please utilize this link:

It is already shaping up to be another really fun event...don't wait too long to sign up as we only have so many playing spots available. 

Oh, and, by the way, we will once again have some great brisket sandwiches available from the one and only Brisket Big Daddy, Dale Hiatt. If you have tasted his brisket, you know how good it is...thank you again Dale for supporting this event!

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 2

Just picked up a couple of items from Athletics for the silent auction...Scrappy bobblehead, Yeti drink container, nice bound journal book with the "Flying Eagle" logo, plaque with a cut of the goalpost from Fouts Field, some MGSF coasters and a nice UNT golf umbrella.

PLUS: Just heard from one of our longest sponsors...CrossTimbers Equipment, owned by a long-time UNT supporter, Bryan Waddle, that they will help sponsor the event again this year!  CrossTimbers Equipment and Addison Transportation have generously supported this event for all of its ten years now! Really generous of both of them.

If you are looking to play, please sign-up with this link as soon as possible as we need lead time for the playing t-shirts:

https://one.unt.edu/annual-kickball-classic

For donations (any amount of course) please utilize: 

THANKS to all who are supporting our efforts in behalf of UNT Cheer!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Picked up another donor check at the men's basketball game last night. We do have some very generous and supportive Mean Green folks. 

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

OK, so a couple of updates...we have had two really nice sponsorships come in from a couple of UNTR fans and grads and who really support this community...

Oak Street Drafthouse/Eastside/Miss Angeline's and Dot's Hop House have stepped up in a big way to help and I cannot thank them enough for their generosity and support.

John Williams and Jeff Brightwell ...owners/proprietors...and loyal and true UNT and community supporters.  Thank you to both for this show of support.

In addition, UNT Athletics has generously donated a few UNT themed items for our Silent Auction. As always, we appreciate the support of UNT Athletics.  

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Couple of folks...sponsors and donors...have mentioned to me how easy and convenient the website link is for donations and sponsorships this year. And, the fact that the get official UNT Advancement recognition for their donations with acknowledge letters and email notifications.

Took us a few years of doing this event to get this done, but the folks in Advancement and in Student Affairs were super easy to work with and more than happy to help get this done.  So...give it a tryout folks.  Your support is greatly appreciated and very much needed.  

Doinations: https://one.unt.edu/annual-spirit-classic-donation-page

If you are interested in playing: https://one.unt.edu/annu7al-spirit-classic

MARCH 21st, 11:00am Kickoff, UNT Softball Complex

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Picked up a very nice donation from our Athletic Director himself, Mr. Wren Baker, through the website yesterday...really appreciate the support. And, this was not from Athletics...it was from Wren personally. Very nice.  Thank you Sir!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Another great silent auction item has just been donated for the event by UNT's and the Mean Green family's own Rob McKinney....

TROY AIKMAN autographed Dallas Cowboy replica helmet! 

Now...how great is this! Really appreciate the support from one of UNT's best!  Thank you Sir very much!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On 2/1/2020 at 12:07 PM, UNTLifer said:

Great Job @KRAM1  Wish I lived closer to participate, but you always do a fantastic job with this.  Whoever is down voting all of this is truly a d-bag.

Thanks for the kind words UNTLifer.  Much appreciated.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

And...how’s this for a collector’s item for a Mean Green fan? Arkansas program from the beatdown of an SEC team by the Mean Green on their home field and the game that gave us the famous “peter Pan” special teams play. Autographed by Seth Littrell, Marty Biagi, Elex Woolworth #77, Nate Brooks #9 and none other than #18 Keegan Brewer! 

074C2BFA-6F6D-4F77-9B28-305092502DC2.jpeg

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1